Sliced a rock..

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
What a beautiful rock!
Screenshot_2019-03-23-17-10-12.png

Mike

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUTSTANDING! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where did you find that .... agate? Check out one of my recent posts to find TONS of agate. TTC

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
That'd make an awesome cab!!!!! Big enough for a buckle?

That about makes me want to cry.
For decades I have been trying to find the spare money for even an antique cabbing machine...it just ain't there.
But, here you go.
I'd love to be able to make something for my wife with it.
I use an antique felkner tile saw a seven inch one..:BangHead:
20190324_084747_HDR.jpg

BC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Join a local rock and gem club. PeteyGirl and I joined Quartzsite Roadrunners and had several cabs made on their machines. At $20 a year (season, they shut down for the summer), we can't lose. They have classes for rock cutting (cabbing), knife making, Flint knapping (arrowheads), basket weaving (sorry, no college credits), and many other activities, not to mention field trips to look for rocks. TTC

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That about makes me want to cry.
For decades I have been trying to find the spare money for even an antique cabbing machine...it just ain't there.
But, here you go.
I'd love to be able to make something for my wife with it.
I use an antique felkner tile saw a seven inch one..:BangHead:
View attachment 1694797

BC
Hey, it gets the job done, all that matters! Two options - Think about using a belt sander. You just need to heat shape a Tupperware over the motor. If you got trading material, put an ad up on Craigs list in the barter section. A buddy of mine got a sphere machine for a shop compressor that cost him $80. Lots of people out there got lapidary gear in the garage they've forgot about that they'll get rid of cheap just to have the space! Terrys suggestion is a great one too!!!

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Join a local rock and gem club. PeteyGirl and I joined Quartzsite Roadrunners and had several cabs made on their machines. At $20 a year (season, they shut down for the summer), we can't lose. They have classes for rock cutting (cabbing), knife making, Flint knapping (arrowheads), basket weaving (sorry, no college credits), and many other activities, not to mention field trips to look for rocks. TTC
Terry,
I did some research trying to take my mind off things and found this.
Physically located 10 minutes away!
Livingston Gem & Mineral Society

They have all the equipment and classes!
Thank you for suggesting that!

Mike

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,
I did some research trying to take my mind off things and found this.
Physically located 10 minutes away!
Livingston Gem & Mineral Society

They have all the equipment and classes!
Thank you for suggesting that!

Mike
See how easy that was? More people need to do what I say up at my avatar... Come out from under your bed today, DO SOMETHING! (not directed at you) TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread