Ducks

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I took my youngest to feed the ducks, she loves going here. These ducks seem to stay in this area of the creek and never venture off too far. They have been here for years and havent really been too much of a problem. Man these birds can eat ALOT!!! The day we were there, there were other people feeding them as well. Must have gone thru about 20 bags of bread and bread cubes between all of us feeding them.

These birds nesting here didnt happen by accident. A long time ago, someone decided they didnt want their pets anymore and took them here to the creek and left them there. Over time, it just became a nesting ground for the wild ones. There are still a few "tamed" ones there. People seem to think it's a good idea to get a few chicks for their kids at Easter and then dont know what to do with them when they get too big and drop them off here with the wild ones.

Dscf2527_small.jpg

Dscf2498_small.jpg

Dscf2481_small.jpg

DSCF2467_small.jpg

Dscf2465_small.jpg

Dscf2464_small.jpg

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Tammy,

Looks like you got all kinds there! BTW...who gets to clean the ...er..."mess" off the sidewalks? ::)

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
LoL No one has to clean. To the right of the pic is a big parking lot and a building that is no longer in use. The road that the ducks are on, isnt used that often and there is a No Parking Sign, but some poeple can't read ::)

The ducks never seem to stray out of this little area tho, kinda strange but I have never seen them in the parking lot or on the side street. Actually when we were there, the poo wasnt too bad at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread