OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should have stopped there, TerryC. They sell popsicles and ice cream, plus fruit juices at La Michoacana, it's probably out for the tourist trade since it's named that. Plus next door is a Panaderia, which is a bakery. We don't call ice cream nieve (snow) here, cause we get so much actual nieve. We call ice cream 'helado'.
I have often ordered "pan y mantaquia". Did I spell butter correctly? TNX! TTC

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

actually if you would be able to find a licensed car dealership + workshop a car repair would have come you way cheaper in Mexico. Same goes for haircuts, dental works and a lot of other things (most likely tailoring, too). Yet you have to look if you dont get scammed. People in europe go to Poland, Czech and Hungary for such things.

Once met two nice young Mexican women backpacking through SE Asia, both from Tijuana one a lawyer and one a veterinary. Both told me they work more than 50% for US citizens that go over the border. You can get surgery for your dog there and you can (I was surprised) file for US divorce. They told me however that I should be careful were to go outside touristy stuff and I should not accept e.g. drinks from strangers.

P.S: Both have been in the US before. "Tourist Visa is not a problem if you can show fixed abode, a steady job and a bank account with credit card".

Greets Namxat

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tramped through Mexico to the Yucatan, Mexico city, Mazatlan, San Blas, Veracruz, border towns Matamoras to El Paso.
Only had one bit of trouble..... got robbed by two cops in Nuevo Laredo.
Not so bad. Mexico is still a fine country.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tramped through Mexico to the Yucatan, Mexico city, Mazatlan, San Blas, Veracruz, border towns Matamoras to El Paso.
Only had one bit of trouble..... got robbed by two cops in Nuevo Laredo.
Not so bad. Mexico is still a fine country.
Nothing wrong with the country, it's just difficult to protect yourself when you're outgunned and not able to carry. ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread