Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took Resendiz for his second camp-out ever. I intended to camp again in Penitente Canyon but I guess they weren't kidding when they advertised it as a world class destination for rock climbers and mountain bikers. Especially on the weekend for Front Range people. (I didn't think they came down this far) Still, we found a spot over in the San Juan Nat'l Forest over by Natural Arch, which I wanted to check out the archaeology there anyway. Long about sundown, a bear started raisin cain on the ridge over west of us, but never came over to where we were, I guess. Edgar was in a tent but I slept on the ground as usual. I think it was a while before he got to sleep, haha! Woke up just before daylight and wanted to lay there a little longer, and did, until a rattlesnake buzzed about 20 ft. from my head. Nature's alarm clock I guess. Never did find the snake. Note the pic where I thought I found an arrowhead, just a random chunk of quartz. And yes, we still have snowpack and frozen lakes above 10,000ft.

Attachments

• 6-8ll.jpg
    6-8ll.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 6-8ss.jpg
    6-8ss.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 6-8tt.jpg
    6-8tt.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-8qq.jpg
    6-8qq.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-8uu.jpg
    6-8uu.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess all that snow up there means no water restrictions this year. I don't water my backyard and maybe once a week on the front anyways. I keep thinking I'm gonna redo the landscape with that zeroscape someday. I like that idea. Maybe decorate with sage and yucca, with a few other natural survivors in a arid climate.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tamrock, I always flush twice cause I know it's a long ways to the Front Range.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know if you can get into the Biedell mine by La Garita but there are some great crystals with water bubble inclusions. Somewhere I have some my wife and I found there. I’m glad that snake didn’t curl up with you for warmth in the night. They sure like that side of the valley better. That sure is some peaceful country if you can avoid the mainstream places. Beautiful pictures as usual!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't heard a rattler buzz in a long time, digginthe1, but once you hear it you never forget it. I always think of that 'Rifleman' episode where a rattlesnake got in Lucas McCain's bedroll and it took them 30 minutes to get the snake out of there.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6-8kk.jpg The best part of the whole day I thought, was when Edgar Resendiz, guitarist for a Mexican rock band, was practicing and to our total amazement and surprise his little dog, Chabelo, that he brought along, clearly and plainly yelled out 'Free Bird!!'. (Maybe to Edgar's chagrin, but I was amazed the little fella could speak English, haha!)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It sure is beautiful there! No wonder you are over run with tourists. Thanks for the pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread