Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bull was strolling right down Main Street about 6 this a.m., getting the attention of the early morning joggers and particularly the early morning dog walkers. (Moose don't like dogs) He was pretty laid back though, and turned off to graze alongside the side walk. The cow was in the park across the street from us, and she was a little more skittish and might have been a problem if you walked up on her. A cautionary note, I took all this pics from inside my truck. These guys aren't anything like deer or elk, and if they feel threatened, they will come after you.

Attachments

• 6-12y.jpg
    6-12y.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 6-12yy.jpg
    6-12yy.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 6-12z.jpg
    6-12z.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-12zz.jpg
    6-12zz.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 50

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moose are unpredictable, that cow should have her calf by now. Then, you better not get too close.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah there's a lot of calves up here now. I wondered about that, cause I first spotted her about a block away from where I took the pic, and she actually was acting like she was looking for something. If it was a calf, hope she found it cause if not she will be a problem here in town. Then again, maybe she was just tryin to avoid Mr. Bull Moose a couple of blocks away, haha!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hiking up on a trail in Grand lake and all of sudden a mama raised her head up from some willows, then I saw the calf she had. She watch me as I started to walk slowly backwards. I didn't turn my back on her until she went back to grazing again, thinking I just might have to climb a tree if she decided I need die. I saw a moose maybe 3 month ago along the peak to peak highway, but it moved back in the forest when I turned around to try and get a picture of it. Joggers have been killed by them, because they don't slow down and keep jogging right on by the moose and you never I wanna approach them with your iphone for a close up. They are indeed dangerous.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am more on the alert with a moose than I am with a bear.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pictures & great Title .

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise man say "Never Goose Loose Moose":laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Unique photo op. I would not have known they were dangerous had you not shared. Thanks. Great pics!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pics he looks starving

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember driving near the Grand Canyon when Bullwinkle crossed the road I thought it was a Dinasour

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread