Bamboo Garden Villa Chantaburi Thailand

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_1727.JPG . This area around the Resort is pretty clean you walk down to the small beach area and it's choked with plastic trash and other junk, a real pigsty. Thailand is a 3rd world trashpit..Every vacant lot in Nonthaburi where I live is full of plastic trash bags filled with garbage, some lots have trees growing up threw this junk. The seawater is so foul I wouldn't put a toe in it...Yikes, the other day I saw a guy unloading his pickup throwing the bags with other trash in this vacant lot. The only saving grace here was it was a small truck...Thank God my GF doesn't do this, but she is just one person.. Daily, having breakfast on the 11th floor of the fitness building at my hotel you can usually see white trash bags floating down the Chao Praya river towards the sea, the Thai people for sure are proud of contributing more then their share of plastic trash to the Ocean...There I've got that off my chest...

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like a beautiful place. It's a shame the people there don't have a love for the land to keep it clean. :sadsmiley:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trashing such a beautiful place? :dontknow:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My suspicion would be, you're in the wrong neighborhood. Just like here, certain areas are populated by certain people. Find a different hotel. I visited for a short time on Uncle Sam's dime, in the mid 70's. I only had the evenings off, so I didn't see much in the daytime, but what I did see was beautiful.

OP
OP
A

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Believe me I'm here and you are not, I've spent the better part of 5 years bumming around here, you or I could not live in the wrong neighborhood...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent five days in Bangkok in '68.... but I don't think I saw anything outside my hotel room (tsk tsk) ╦╦C

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post would love to be there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread