Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
blue jay.JPG A Bluejay visited our camp

blue jay2.JPG Then he/she turned his/her back on us. Man! I wish I had the complete tail in the pic!

geese round up.JPG We took a golf cart ride, which always gets the geese moving

running geese.JPG They don't know to stay off the road

going for a swim.JPG Had enough running from the creature with four wheels. Time for a swim.

swimming geese.JPG Safe at last

herron landing.JPG This one might have been a better pic, if my golf cart driver was a little more cooperative :BangHead:

rabbit.JPG OK so this one is furry, not feathered

sunset.JPG Beautiful colors at sunset

eagle in cornfield.JPG The next morning we found a family of four having breakfast in the cornfield.

eagles.JPG One of the adults flew off, and the other young'un was too far away. These two gave us a show.

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics Sis:icon_thumright:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When I see the eagles down the meadows it's like the first time seeing them..AWESOME! I know you enjoyed them Sis.

GOD Bless

Chris

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics I've built bird houses in my yard no one will move in eeeerrr

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
When I see the eagles down the meadows it's like the first time seeing them..AWESOME! I know you enjoyed them Sis.

GOD Bless

Chris

It actually was the first time for one of the friends we were with. She got the royal treatment seeing all four of them. We all did!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. I need to set up a feeding station or something. I did see a pair of fledgling black vultures today. I kinda liked them. Does that count?

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice photos. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for taking the time to show us.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics. I need to set up a feeding station or something. I did see a pair of fledgling black vultures today. I kinda liked them. Does that count?

Thanks, smokey. IDK, I think it only counts if you post the pics. They probably wouldn't win any beauty contest, but they have wicked beaks.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The baldy is the best! When I worked at the Kennedy Space Center, a bunch of vultures were munching on a road kill. A bald eagle landed at the carcass. The vultures all moved out of the way until he had his fill. Their is a rookery near the main drag that has been continually used for more than a hundred years. It is more than 12 feet across.... back in 2007. Nice pics! ╦╦C

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The baldy is the best! When I worked at the Kennedy Space Center, a bunch of vultures were munching on a road kill. A bald eagle landed at the carcass. The vultures all moved out of the way until he had his fill. Their is a rookery near the main drag that has been continually used for more than a hundred years. It is more than 12 feet across.... back in 2007. Nice pics! ╦╦C

Thanks, Terry. I seem to recall you talking about that rookery before. Eagle pics are cool. The eagles are spreading here in Ohio. We have a few reported nearby. We are kind of hoping one finds our location and calls it home, but then again, that would mean they would be feeding on the fish in our pond.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Small price to pay to have a nesting pair. I was driving into Billings MT. many years ago. You drive down into Billings on the interstate. A bald eagle was flying UP from below, below my car. Neat! ╦╦C

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bald Eagles are a common sight around my area. Come Fall, they
begin to gather in bigger numbers as the salmon runs are coming,
and then they feast in the dead and dying fish.

There is even the Skagit Eagle Festival every January, when the
number of eagles is usually at it's peak. Our Chum Salmon run
is the primary feast for them, but the numbers of returning fish
has really dropped the last 10 years, and now there are not near
as many eagles returning.

Out fishing one day in my driftboat, we counted 24 of them in
a single tree. We drifted right underneath it, and not a one even
flinched.

It's almost comical watching them drag huge salmon up on the
beach, and once they start feeding they don't look quite as regal
when they've got fish blood and innards all over their heads..8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread