CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing an inspection on a cell tower install today. Contractor kept finding rebar in the concrete pad. I ended up grabbing my pinpointer and located the rebar so they could drill. I’ve located a lot of items on job sites. It’s fun being able to help with our detecting equipment! S 7F76595D-CCCA-4607-96D1-CB1E3542749B.jpeg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could sell pin pointers for so many uses lol

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's more than a few places a pin pointer would come in handy. I've got a customer drilling holes in rock, but it's reinforced with rock bolts holding up wire mesh and covered in 3 inches of shotcrete. The cemented tungsten carbide tipped bits I'm selling them get toasted when they hit a bolt plate. I told them to try a pinpointer before they pilot the hole, so not to hit the steel and drill just to the side of it. Not sure they'll do it, but it was an idea to possibly prevent them from trashing more bits than they really need to.

haility

May 30, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing an inspection audacity find my iphone origin on a cell tower install today. Contractor kept finding rebar in the concrete pad. I ended up grabbing my pinpointer and located the rebar so they could drill. I’ve located a lot of items on job sites. It’s fun being able to help with our detecting equipment! S View attachment 1731976

I've got a customer drilling holes in rock, but it's reinforced with rock bolts holding up wire mesh and covered in 3 inches of shotcrete. The cemented tungsten carbide tipped bits I'm selling them get toasted when they hit a bolt plate. I told them to try a pinpointer before they pilot the hole, so not to hit the steel and drill just to the side of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's more than a few places a pin pointer would come in handy. I've got a customer drilling holes in rock, but it's reinforced with rock bolts holding up wire mesh and covered in 3 inches of shotcrete. The cemented tungsten carbide tipped bits I'm selling them get toasted when they hit a bolt plate. I told them to try a pinpointer before they pilot the hole, so not to hit the steel and drill just to the side of it. Not sure they'll do it, but it was an idea to possibly prevent them from trashing more bits than they really need to.

I had to turn the pinpointer down to get a more accurate idea of the reinforcement. 1 didn’t work, 2 was just right, 3 was to high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread