Copper Mine in Picacho Mountains

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just east (1.8 miles) of the petroglyphs that I posted is a copper mine PeteyGirl and I found.
Here is what it looks like on Google Earth.
Copper mine.jpg (I turned the orientation. North is upper right.)

​╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(I use UTM for the coordinates) Go to options in Google Earth to change to your preference. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The following PDF file is VERY complete if you wish to learn more of the pet locations and other info regarding the pre-historic indian locations in the Picachos. Download it for free.... 270 pages. Some of it is difficult to follow because it is heavy on scientific terminology but well worth the download. ╦╦C

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting place, but I'm thinking it was kind of a short lived boot strap operation, maybe active as late as the 1950s. In the mine at worked at in the 70s and early 80s many of the senior miner's, with already as much as 30 plus years by the time I got there, had before served in Korea, Vietnam and one old fella even finished his time in Europe as a German pow after his B17 was brought down. The term, Just, jerry-rigg the sob, was often used back then and you knew what it meant. Now days it describes something you should not have done as an improper fix to a situation. Heck you might even be subject to corrective action if you used the practice of jerry rigging. I think today it describes it was something that slipped through the approval of the engineering department.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread