Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a spot here. I wanted to camp here cause Maria was along and the fishing is great...until it isn't. I caught a couple anyway. Had an interesting neighbor about 50ft. down the hill from us. This nest is about the size of a soccer ball. Kinda look like yellowjackets but most likely a similar looking type of paper wasp, as they weren't very aggressive. (I took these pics with the telephoto lens.) Cool sign I saw at a Poncha Springs RV dealer. Didn't spot ol E this time though, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Attachments

• 8-21b.jpg
    8-21b.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 8-21c.jpg
    8-21c.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 8-21d.jpg
    8-21d.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 8-21e.jpg
    8-21e.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 53
  • 8-21i.jpg
    8-21i.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 49

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those the Aspen's beginning to turn. Should be a pretty year this fall. When it's a dry year the colors aren't so spectacular. Cool nest, had one near me a couple years back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those the Aspen's beginning to turn. Should be a pretty year this fall. When it's a dry year the colors aren't so spectacular. Cool nest, had one near me a couple years back.
Not quite yet. Maybe a couple of weeks or so.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photos, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing pics I would love on of those on my wall Thanks for sharing those. Tommy

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped at O'Haver again last night and the wasp's nest is gone. Kinda upsets me. They weren't aggressive or a threat to anybody. Maybe somebody thought they were. If they did, maybe they should have just stayed inside their RV with the door closed and watched TV or whatever they do in there.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped at O'Haver again last night and the wasp's nest is gone. Kinda upsets me. They weren't aggressive or a threat to anybody. Maybe somebody thought they were. If they did, maybe they should have just stayed inside their RV with the door closed and watched TV or whatever they do in there.
That's most likely the case with many wasp colonies in close proximity to humans. I've seen two of these type nests around here and both were built rather high up in the tree away from where anyone would be to close for the wasp to be concerned about stinging them.

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now is the time to enjoy the mountains temps are starting to drop and its cooling off finally.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a little dusting of snow above 10,000ft. last night. Watch out in the woods, elk hunters are out and about.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it seems bow hunting has become the sport now days when I was a youngster you could not get any body interested in it.Now everybody and there brother are into it, I was looking at the new bows the other day and I can not believe how small they are now man how things change.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it seems bow hunting has become the sport now days when I was a youngster you could not get any body interested in it.Now everybody and there brother are into it, I was looking at the new bows the other day and I can not believe how small they are now man how things change.
They built a Cabela's not far from me about 3 years ago. I've only been in it once. What an industry now days. I can't believe all the gear they come up with to market to hunters these days. So many got-a-its to buy you can haul out with ya into the wilderness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread