tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some I took today going up to Caribou, Colo to a mine. These turkeys heading towards Jamestown, Colo couldn't make up their mine on which direction to go so I wouldn't run over. They ran back and forth on the road until I got close to them and they decided the way they just came from was the way to go. The cooler winds are beginning to blow high up and I'm seeing more aspen trees getting stripped of their leaves now. You can just feel the change in the weather coming in the alpine. They're forecasting snow for Thursday and a high of 35 down here where I live. The fall season in the high country is pretty brief, but down here on the front range plains it'll linger on a bit longer, even with an occasional cold front coming through.

Attachments

• drive 100819 1.jpg
    drive 100819 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • drive 100819 2.jpg
    drive 100819 2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • drive 100819 3.jpg
    drive 100819 3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • drive 100819 4.jpg
    drive 100819 4.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • drive 100819 5.jpg
    drive 100819 5.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 39

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like the smells, and feelings, of fall, in the Rocky Mountains. Miss it. Great pics!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When did you live out here KG? My neighbor across the street just listed their house for sale and I asked him what's up. He first replied he's tired of the winters and gonna move to South Carolina where your at. He's also got family back there. I've always thought the weather on the front range are rather mild.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics tamrock. Thanks.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When did you live out here KG? My neighbor across the street just listed their house for sale and I asked him what's up. He first replied he's tired of the winters and gonna move to South Carolina where your at. He's also got family back there. I've always thought the weather on the front range are rather mild.

Lived in Idaho early seventies, and early eighties. I had friends in Montana, and visited into Colorado a number of times. Never lived there in Colorado.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lived in Idaho early seventies, and early eighties. I had friends in Montana, and visited into Colorado a number of times. Never lived there in Colorado.
In the past I spent time up in Wallace ID doing testing at the Cour and the Lucky Friday silver mines. Those winters up there are tough. I'd be out the door at 4AM in a freezing cold misty fog head 4000' down below in a hot humid mine and come up to the damp cold air again. Man that gives you the chills for hours out of your day. I prefer the high dry climate myself where the heat of summer isn't muggy and the radiation of the mile high sun during winter keeps me nice and warm. I'll probably stay here till I die or maybe find me a nursing home in lowa where they have a much higher percentage of elderly people and tend to take care of you better for less money. Around here in this booming area of rich millennials moving in, they just want you to die quickly so they can have what you got.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of our leaves have blown off but down around BV they're still turning. 2 years ago we got snow around the first of October and that was about it for a long time, last year we got it this week and it dumped til about May, so it's anybody's guess what tomorrow will bring. I can guarantee it will bring a lot of people who don't remember how to drive on snow though.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked our Alexa this morning what the weather will be down here today and she said it'll be sunny with some clouds with a high of 81° and an overnight low of 23° with snow possible tonight around 10 pm. So far she's right as it is now in the upper 70s and cloudy, but a 58° drop in temperature Wow!... That I'll have to wait and see. Kinda glad that wedding we went to up your way was last weekend and not this one. We might get a little snow tonight, but that first of the year snow up there sends all kinds of people driving for a loop. I don't know how many years back it was when I was heading up to the eastbound Johnson tunnel in an early snow. It was maybe 10 pm. I saw a big pileup all unfold over in the westbound lane. Cars were going sideways and crashing into others and a big truck just came out of the tunnel and hit the binders and instantly began to jackknife and avoided the cars in front of him by going off the road and turn on its side. It wasn't much snow at all, but it then began to cool the road to the point of making very slick conditions. On the east side of the tunnel the roads were fine and everyone going west were hit a big surprise when they all came flying out of the west side portal. I'm gonna avoid driving I70 though the mountains as much as I can in the winter anymore. To much risk going that way these days.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Pictures! :thumbsup: We had a new Winter storm blow in last nite with a lot of wet snow, but it is suppose to warm back up tomorrow. It is something to see when all this snow fall and then all the leaves decide to fall and cover the snow with yellow and orange.

L

l2hunt

moved from Colorado last year, it's good to see the ol' stomping grounds! thanks for sharing your pics.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Pictures! :thumbsup: We had a new Winter storm blow in last nite with a lot of wet snow, but it is suppose to warm back up tomorrow. It is something to see when all this snow fall and then all the leaves decide to fall and cover the snow with yellow and orange.
The temps are falling pretty fast here right now. Clouds have moved in and the winds are beginning to blow. We actually got up to 82° three hours ago.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its 67 here now, all day long they have been talking about the arctic freight train coming temps going to drop 20 degrees by 8 o'clock to night the news is so drama anymore.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a wicked storm last night. High winds with sleet along with lighting and thunder. I was up in ft Collins when it came through and coming down I25 after it came through the roads were piled up with sleet. Lots of flashing lights heading to accidents on the road. Kinda hard to drive 80mph on a 3 inch thick layer of tiny ball bearings I think some folks found out. I got off the interstate and continued home on hwy 287 were the speeds are safer driving in that kinda crap. Where have all these Stooges come from :dontknow:

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10-10bb.jpg 16 degrees here and still snowing but it's not going to amount to a lot on our level. Is first time I've had to shovel this winter. And of course I-70 has already been closed down at Vail Pass and the tunnels due to non-drivers. Open now, til some other greenhorn screws up.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I think it's about time to drive a tunnel from Idaho Springs to Glenwood Springs and keep the problem areas free of ice and snow.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got a small amount of snow and the temp is about 20 but sun is coming out an snow is melting thank god for some moisture.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics, Tamrock. I especially like the remnants. Um.. keep that cold stuff out your way peeps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions