Ballooning north of Phoenix

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carefree highway. I remember now it was called that. I've never looked up why they call it that. That's something I'll do this morning.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet that was neat to watch. I always like it when I see them. I would never ride in one, though.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay there's a town called Carefree, AZ and one time Gordan Lightfoot was driving down the road and saw the sigh Carefree Highway, so he jotted down Carefree Highway on a piece of paper thinking it might be a good song title, which he did use for his song "Carefree Highway" 4 years later. I've been on it a few times and that song will come to mind when you're on it. I just can't ever remember a town called Carefree in Arizona.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay there's a town called Carefree, AZ and one time Gordan Lightfoot was driving down the road and saw the sigh Carefree Highway, so he jotted down Carefree Highway on a piece of paper thinking it might be a good song title, which he did use for his song "Carefree Highway" 4 years later. I've been on it a few times and that song will come to mind when you're on it. I just can't ever remember a town called Carefree in Arizona.

I don't remember the song Carefree Highway, But I have personally stood on a corner in Winslow Arizona. We use to have a pickup camper Terry. Wife and I saw the whole lower 48 in it. Just a wonderful time. Enjoy!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like taking pictures of the colourful balloons but I don’t want to be in one. Thanks for sharing the cool video Terry.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been at that exact spot, just before the shooting range, and watched one crash trying to land in a sudden breeze. Not me baby!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet that was neat to watch. I always like it when I see them. I would never ride in one, though.
Albequerque NM (I know I spelled it wrong) just had the BIG balloon get-together. Hundreds of balloons took off. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am aware of Gordy's song and how it came about. I heard his interview on the radio. Everytime I see the sign "Carefree Highway" the EARWORM starts! ╦╦C

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Promised my daughters and granddaughters balloon rides. They are not cheap!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't remember the song Carefree Highway, But I have personally stood on a corner in Winslow Arizona. We use to have a pickup camper Terry. Wife and I saw the whole lower 48 in it. Just a wonderful time. Enjoy!
I now own THREE RVs! The bubble you've seen. I bought PeteyGirl's Hitchhiker and now this Lance 880. All the comforts of home except a recliner... gotta look for one that fits! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been at that exact spot, just before the shooting range, and watched one crash trying to land in a sudden breeze. Not me baby!:icon_thumright:
Are you aware there are TWO shooting ranges there... the one open to the public and a private one next to it? The private one is by invitation only. Many military snipers work out on the thousand yard line there. I will request usage soon. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Promised my daughters and granddaughters balloon rides. They are not cheap!
Most of the fee goes toward insurance costs! (Just kidding, Sam) ╦╦C

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Taking off and flying is simple enough, it’s the landing part.....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very nice video, Sis. Only problem is none of it is of the "Carefree Highway".... all of it paved across desert landscape. I'll get some pics for you and post them. ╦╦C

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet pics that would be a blast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread