feels like fall.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Carolina and Fossis, It got down to about 34 here last night but warmed up nice this afternoon. When it gets down to about 15 to 20 below and snow up to you know what you both will be glad you live where you do and not in Iowa.lol
Van

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
VanGone said:
Carolina and Fossis, It got down to about 34 here last night but warmed up nice this afternoon. When it gets down to about 15 to 20 below and snow up to you know what you both will be glad you live where you do and not in Iowa.lol
Van

LOL Ed,

Those are really nice shots.!! :)

Ron

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Van,
Those are all nice shots;
but I love the monarch one :)
they sure have been plentiful around here this year.
What's that flower it's on?

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ashleen said:
Van,
Those are all nice shots;
but I love the monarch one :)
they sure have been plentiful around here this year.
What's that flower it's on?
Thank you Ashleen,as for the flower Im not sure what that is. They are pretty common around here.That Monarch is a Male,as told by the black dot on each wing.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
ronwoodcraft said:
VanGone said:
Van

LOL Ed,

Those are really nice shots.!! :)

Ron
Thanks Ron,sounded like I was being a smart Alec to Fossis and Carolina,but didn't mean to. We know what snow and cold is don't we Ron. Ive been looking seriously at the Cannon XTI and maybe a 300mm lens.I need to sell some art to make this happen. Those lens get pretty pricey,Hope all is looking up for you guys
Ed

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hey Van....nice shot of that Monarch and the fall beauty. It's in the 50's this morning in Tennessee; finally feeling like Fall.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Great shots Van! I really like the lonely park bench picture. It reminds me of Cyn's gradmothers painting of the lonely picnic table with the sun shinning on it. :)

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Great shots Van! I really like the lonely park bench picture. It reminds me of Cyn's gradmothers painting of the lonely picnic table with the sun shinning on it. :)
Thanks CG, I'm pretty new on this forum so I didn't get to see much of Cyn's Gramas art. I wish she would post some more,what I saw was really excellent work.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
wesfrye53 said:
Hey Van....nice shot of that Monarch and the fall beauty. It's in the 50's this morning in Tennessee; finally feeling like Fall.
Thanks Wes, I hope your leg is healing fast.A friend of mine is a Shrine clown. He farms and the Shriner's have a corn maze on his place for a fund raiser.
Van

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pics, great to see the sunshine again. Have not seen the sun since last Saturday, besides that it's cold & cloudy and misty rain. Yuk! I'm not looking forward to those kind of days. :-\

;) RR

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
River Rat said:
Beautiful pics, great to see the sunshine again. Have not seen the sun since last Saturday, besides that it's cold & cloudy and misty rain. Yuk! I'm not looking forward to those kind of days. :-\

;) RR
Thank you River. It sure is nice to see the Sun, Its been nice in Iowa now for the last two days. Wish it would stay this way all winter.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
justgeese said:
Super nice series Ed.. Temps dropping here at night, was 48 this morn when I got up...Shouldn't be long before my friends show up for the winter ::)
Don
Thanks Don
I got a call this AM about from one of the guys. He was out on the lake in his duck blind. He said the divers were just starting to show up.They come first,they dont like the cold.He seen some Bluebills Buffleheads etc He said not much yet in the geese, He had seen a few,but he isn't very good at calling them. He had one Mallard Drake so far,but had to hang up had one coming in.
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread