Meet Bo

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Yesterday my orthopedic doctor told me to use my knee as I was able as long as I didn't bend, squat or lift. Soooo, being about to go batty staying in the house I drove a bunch of folks to a satellite circus the Al Menah Shriners sponored in Shelbyville, Tennessee. here, I got to meet Bo again. I met Bo last year at another circus. By now you are saying; "Who is Bo?". Bo is supposedly the largest elephant to perform in a circus in present day. And Bo is just a growing "teenager in elephant years!

Here's a pic of Bo leading the other elephants around the ring. You can just make out his trainer on the other side of his trunk.

Bo and trainer.JPG

Here's another shot with Bo, on the right, to compare him with the other two elephants.

Bo and the others.JPG

I guess I should have said, here's Bo's behind. Sorry, but right now I move pretty slow and their act would have been over if I had gone to the other side of the arena.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is a 'Big un', glad you're getting out some.

Fossis..............

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I LOVE it! Elephants are such cool gentle giants aren't they? I can not believe how agile they are for such a huge creature. Thanks so much for the introduction Wes.

Now go put that knee up!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hang him from my ceiling? Bo's head would just about touch the ceiling. besides, how would I get him in the house? he's bigger than my front porch. A smoked ham the size of that guy's leg would collapse the oof if I ever got it hung! :o

Now you'd have room in your kitchen Gypsy Mystery ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wesfrye53 said:
Hang him from my ceiling? Bo's head would just about touch the ceiling. besides, how would I get him in the house? he's bigger than my front porch. A smoked ham the size of that guy's leg would collapse the oof if I ever got it hung! :o

I would have room....but I have certain rules about hanging dead things from my ceiling......Of course if they are still alive when put there...that I might be able to handle....Care to come over for coffee Wes?

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
gypsyheart said:
wesfrye53 said:

I would have room....but I have certain rules about hanging dead things from my ceiling......Of course if they are still alive when put there...that I might be able to handle....Care to come over for coffee Wes?

So Gypsy Mystery...are you revealing your true self? Perhaps your real name is "Black Widow"?

You been watching too much "Hellraiser"? I see thru your plan...invite me over for coffee then you'd hang me from your ceiling. :o

At least it won't be thru two summers ::). Besides, what in the world would you do, having to explain me hanging from your ceiling?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Oh....Its not like anyone would see you .....all wrapped up in a pretty little cocoon.......

Attachments

• spider.gif
    spider.gif
    7 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Yea Ivan, he is...specially when you stand next to him, which I did last year and didn't have a camera with me. Kinda scary, actually.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Gypsy Mystery, or Gypsy Widow, or whoever you are today.

Why in the world would you want to wrap me in a cocoon?

I think I'd look pretty good hanging above the sink! ;D

Hung in Kitchen.JPG

You'd just have some 'splainin to do ::)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots of Bo, Wes. I do say to you, I love your kitchen.

;) RR

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Looks like you are coming through a sun roof! And last time I looked I didnt have one....Get out of my kitchen Wessy. You know, if you drop tho you will land right in the garbage disposal......

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
RR...that's Gypsy Mystery's kitchen...glad she missed it cause she'd blame that mistake on me.

Gypsy Mystery, I have decided I am going to talk to the Circus owner at the next circus Monday evening. I think he'll let me have Bo for a while and Bo and I will drop in for coffee...er...I'll have coffee and Bo will have 100 gallons of spring water and two bales of alfalfa hay.

Then we'll see how tuff you are! :o

BTW...Bo's major downloads can be saved and spread out for next years plantings.

Dang, you must have read my mind...I see you've gone to a nearby zoo for some training on how to handle Bo!

elephant-dung-catcher.jpg

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Were you going to put Bo in the trunk of your corvette or just let him ride in the passenger seat? ::)

Maybe The corvette was going to ride on top of Bo.......I will plant the alfalfa ....should be grown and baled by time you all get here

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
No, no, no, no...Gypsy Mystery,

I'm planning on riding Bo and he'll pull the Vette behind us. With his steps, we'll be there in a couple of days so you'd better be planting miracle alfalfa.

BTW...he'll probably have to eat corn from the fields on the way there and I overheard his owner telling a helper not to feed Bo much corn; gives him the running trots. You might want to go by Home Depot and pick up a whole bunch of extra thick plastic rolls. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread