I climbed to the tippity top of the tower, to give you a wower!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Country Girls Dad said:
Thanks kid for bringing me back home for a minute. Ain't it funny, while I was right there, I never made time for things like that, there would always be another day. Ain't it funny, how time slips away.......LOL

LOL.... Yeah time slips away so fast, that's why I made the time today. For you, for my friends here, and for people who just don't get the opportunity to take advantage of what we have.

What I learned today.......it may be there forever, but if you don't share the joy today, you may not be here tomarrow to do it :).

Maybe next time we can do it together :).

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful tower, & countryside, thanks for sharing.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I really should stop there more often. I drive by 1-2 times a day. I'm dissapointed to say I have only been to the top 3 times in my life, yesterday being one of them. I'm glad I got there so I could share. I guess you forget that not every gets to see the New England charm.

You are all very welcome. :)

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I think you need to take you a chair, a small basket of food and drinks, a nice blanket if it's a bit chilly, a copy of Thoreau's "Waldon Pond", and spend the day reading and enjoying the view from the top of the tower. ::)

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pictures and colors! :o

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What beautiful photos...I love all those colors! I sure do miss fall's changing colors!

We are headed to Blackstone, VA next weekend for a Boy Scout Retreat...maybe, just maybe, we will still have the pleasure of seeing some fall foliage!!!!!!

You just don't get that FULL effect of Fall here in Va Beach :(

Thanks for sharing!
HH,
Annmarie

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
that is incredible sis! Thanks so much for conquering your fear to go up and get pics for us! WoW!!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I haven't read Waldon Pond in years Wes, I just may read it again here. But I'll keep my feet closer to the ground thank you.

Annmarie I hope you get to see the foliage, don't forget your camera so you can share with us!

I'm glad I went up yesterday, all that rain washed allot of leaves away last night.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful photos Countrygirl! I just wanna know one thing though, did you detect this field?-

field.jpg

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the beautiful scenery, CG....and the history lesson about Frederick Tuckerman and his tower. 8)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Super Mona ;), It was nice to learn the history. The poem was perfect, the first one I saw, and the most fitting :).

dig, Oooops....I should. It really looks like a prime spot from the top of the tower. Once in a while it's fun to dig pull tabs instead of rusty old nails, only once in a while :D. Seriously I like the history f the hobby :).

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Kim,

Just beautiful :o
Thank you for braving the heights to get those shots ;)
I also have a fear of heights :-[

You said you saved the best for last;
and they ARE wonderful .....
but I LOVE this ...

Attachments

• CG.jpg
    CG.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well I have to say THANK YOU! I have been trying to decide which picture I wanted to type the poem on, and you folks made that decision for me. I blew it up to an 8X10, it came out great. I'll have to post it when I get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread