Ramsey Mine near Brenda, AZ

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently went to the Quartzsite, AZ area and went to the Ramsey Mine to look for geodes and thunder eggs.

The main shaft
Ramsey.JPG

There are at least three shafts from the surface. Here is another
Ramsey 2.JPG

This is probably a gold mine but I am not sure. A view of the main shaft from above.
Ramsey 3.JPG

The dynamite house.
Dynamite house.JPG

I went further up into the surrounding mountains and found another mine'

These mountains are in the KOFA Wilderness. Big horn sheep are up here (about a 1000 of them) but I saw none today. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If memory serves me still, isn't there a Ramsey Rd. exit off of '10' that goes north to Brenda ?
God's country out there, for sure.
Don..
You must be on Hwy 60 to access Ramsey Mine Rd..... it crosses over 10 with no exit.If you are approaching Brenda from the west (from Quartzsite) the Ramsey Mine Rd. is just before entering Brenda. That is to say, after westbound through Brenda, turn left, south, onto Ramsey Mine Rd. ╦╦C

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a awesome place to explore lot of country out there.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way cool Brother!!:hello2:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool old powder mag. Don't get attacked by them dang jumping cholla's on ya. I've got an old vhs tape I made in that area to show my kids the desert. Had that big video cam with my eye in the viewer and wasn't paying all that much attention where I was walking around and got a bunch of those cholla cactus stuck to me. Dang things got some pretty sharp particulars.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is a " Thunder egg"????
Thunder eggs and geodes are exactly the same except that geodes have a hollow center and T-eggs have a solid center. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool old powder mag. Don't get attacked by them dang jumping cholla's on ya. I've got an old vhs tape I made in that area to show my kids the desert. Had that big video cam with my eye in the viewer and wasn't paying all that much attention where I was walking around and got a bunch of those cholla cactus stuck to me. Dang things got some pretty sharp particulars.
Get a "pick comb" and keep it in the pocket when in the desert. The comb with the long tines. It slips under the needles stuck to your flesh and pulls it off. If you spend any amount of time in the desert, it is required equipment. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that's really cool wish I could step into that picture lol

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang that's really cool wish I could step into that picture lol
First, you must make a decision... first class or coach! ╦╦C

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta be able to pay for it lol two Daughters in College 3 jobs no vacation in over 10 years but some day I will be thats what keeps me going my friend

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta be able to pay for it lol two Daughters in College 3 jobs no vacation in over 10 years but some day I will be thats what keeps me going my friend
Those daughters come first. My hat comes off to you! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to ask the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up.
Great videos, Terry. Last one was funny!
Secret... the audio was just for effect. I did not sit down. Tip: ALWAYS swipe the inside of the opening, for obvious reasons. ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread