Petroglyphs at Burro Creek

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Facebook Friend of mine put me onto these petroglyphs near the Burro Creek campground (BLM) on AZ 93.
Pet2.JPG

Pet3.JPG

Pet4.JPG

Pet5.JPG

Pet7.JPG

Pet9.JPG

These glyphs are easy to get to IF you use a 4x4 vehicle. From the campground road, turn right (south) onto 93. Go south 1.7 miles to 17 Mile Rd. Slow down and turn right onto 17 Mile Rd. There is no rt turn lane here so give any traffic behind you ample warning with your turn signal. Proceed down 17 Mile one/half mile into the large, sandy wash after the rt turn. Turn left here into the wash and proceed south. The sand is soft and four/wheel drive is REQUIRED. Travel south in the wash for one mile until you reach the canyon walls. You cannot drive further than large rocks in the wash. Exit the vehicle and walk to the petroglyphs about 50 yards on the rock faces to your left. There are probably more in the area but I did not go more than 1/4 mile into this canyon. My friend Gordon, the BC campground host, says there are more glyphs above the campground. If there are, I will find them! Go take a look! ╦╦C

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool, Terry. I am thankful for you sharing these pics, but most importantly, I am happy for you that you are getting out and seeing these neat things first hand!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool, Terry. I am thankful for you sharing these pics, but most importantly, I am happy for you that you are getting out and seeing these neat things first hand!
I have back problems. Two months ago, I would not have been able to get out there. I had procedures done and now, again, I can get out there! I MUST be out there. ╦╦C

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=1]3 John 2 New International Version (NIV)[/h] [SUP]2 [/SUP]Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome that's really cool someday I'd love to travel and see things like that in person

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions