The mosque next to our office trailers

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a pic of the mosque that our office trailers are next to. It's kind of a cool-looking building so thought I'd share. It's not currently in use and entry is off-limits. There was a cool shot of it last night but I didn't have my camera handy. The moon was low in the sky behind it and there were some neat effects. I need to get a better camera. The pics that I'm posting are with a 3.1 megapixel Kodak that I picked up on sale before I came over here on my last trip in 2005. It doesn't do macro shots of my finds worth beans, I have an old 1.3MP Sony CyberShot that does great at that, though. I have my camera with me now so that I can get some shots of some stuff around here for everybody so that you all can see things in Iraq other than what usually shows up in the paper or on the news.

Enjoy,
SgtSki

Attachments

• Mosque 2.jpg
    Mosque 2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 294

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great pic Sgt. I like the multi sided minaret. The pic came out great. Thank you for your service. Stay safe. Praying for you and your company.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Great shot and you are right about your shots compared to what is shown on TV. My Son was there for a year in 05 at Balad Hospital as an RN. He is in school now. Thanks for your service its appreciated.
Van

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty place :) to bad some folks in that country just want to F it all up :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread