tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my dogs out for a walk at an open space that has a pair of eagles nesting recently. We first walked by the nest tree and they weren't there but on the way back they were home. The one which I can only guess was the female was busy readjusting some branches in the nest or maybe it was the male taking orders from the female like it is in my home when mama wants to have me move furniture around for a new look.

Attachments

• P1120749.jpg
    P1120749.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • P1120743.jpg
    P1120743.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • P1120751.jpg
    P1120751.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • P1120741.jpg
    P1120741.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool wow what a great sight

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to contact Fish&Game to find out,it's pretty awesome to watch how they do it Grant,they may even let you hold one.
Yeah I'd like to experience that, but I doubt they'd let you be involved. They shut one Trail down so people don't get so close, but I've seen folks disregard the request and venture closer to them, which is kinda sad because they'll close off even more if it becomes a problem. Good thing is hardly anyone really ever goes to this open space that much. My dogs really enjoy it, because of all the rabbits that jump out from here and there. That's total entertainment in their eyes.

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy all wildlife God has created.. sweet moments you’ve captured! :icon_thumright:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I'd like to experience that, but I doubt they'd let you be involved. They shut one Trail down so people don't get so close, but I've seen folks disregard the request and venture closer to them, which is kinda sad because they'll close off even more if it becomes a problem. Good thing is hardly anyone really ever goes to this open space that much. My dogs really enjoy it, because of all the rabbits that jump out from here and there. That's total entertainment in their eyes.

I forgot all about "stay away" when their nesting,this site is 2 miles south of here,the site down the Meadows is 2 1/2 miles north of here,no signs of coarse it has a locked gate and I still have a key.

DSCN0408.JPG

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot all about "stay away" when their nesting,this site is 2 miles south of here,the site down the Meadows is 2 1/2 miles north of here,no signs of coarse it has a locked gate and I still have a key.

View attachment 1794338
I think it's nice they allow a little privacy for these birds. They're old nest was abandoned and they started on this one about 4 months ago. People could get closure at the old nest because of a road nearby that couldn't be closed and some were harassing them by filming them with drones. It seems they picked a nice tree this time and people can still enjoy watching them from this distance with binoculars and photograph them with better zoom lenses that I have. Sometimes they show up at the lake in town and you can get closer to them. There's not a lot of eagles here on the busy front range Rocky Mountain corridor, which is pretty much urban sprawl all the way from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs anymore and still growing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread