SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice way to start the day

I try to canoe down the river close to me in Michigan a few times each summer. It's White River and my town (Hesperia) is the farthest upstream where a canoe can put in where the river's maintained for canoe/kayak/tube traffic. Then I just kind of mosey on downstream to White Lake. It takes about 3 days.

Thanks fer sharing,
SgtSki

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thats cool. I try to do several river trips each summer....camping along the way. I love it.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Gyps!! I love that second picture... it's a beaut!

Bran <><

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be there tomorrow AM. I don't drink yuppie coffee but I doubt that you do either. Fine, I'll bring the coffee AND the bait.......you paddle. :D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
packerbacker said:
I'll be there tomorrow AM. I don't drink yuppie coffee but I doubt that you do either. Fine, I'll bring the coffee AND the bait.......you paddle. :D
I have no problem paddling....because I like to keep dry.... Meet you at about 5 ...coffee will be made ......I have plenty of bait....

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos Gypsy, looks like a peaceful spot!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
What a way to start the day. Gonna need an ice chipper on the front of that canoe here pretty quick. Does it freeze solid, do you do any ice fishing? What beautiful country.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Looks like a nice way to start each day Gypsy Mystery. reminds me of the days when I taught canoeing at Scout Camp many moons ago.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic's there Gypsy. I have a kayak and love it way more than a canoe,Conoe's always make my butt and back ache.with the kayak i have an adjustable layback seat so ya can realy kick back and relax ! Have ya ever seen the clear body kayak ? now that would be cool ! ;D

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Cool! I love to canoe. I made two aluminum arms that I lash my two aluminum canoes together with. Then I lash down a 4 by 8 sheet of green treated plywood, covered with fake grass. My river usually runs to low for prop motors, so it's hard to get a fishing boat on it. My raft gives me a steady platform to fish off of. It's name is "Today's Tom Sawyer".

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Gypsy,

If you are ever in Lebanon, Ohio, stop by the Galleries Cafe. I work there part time for fun and chats with the locals since I retired. I can make you a mean chocolate mocha or a latte.

BPMM

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
bedpanmoneyman said:
Gypsy,

If you are ever in Lebanon, Ohio, stop by the Galleries Cafe. I work there part time for fun and chats with the locals since I retired. I can make you a mean chocolate mocha or a latte.

BPMM

Dang....I will take you up on that.....Free Coffee....yeehaw! Thanks ....I like french vanilla

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Er...Gypsy Mystery...I just realized....you're paddling the canoe backwards!
(I was looking to see if you had a portage yoke in it when I noticed)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wesfrye53 said:
Er...Gypsy Mystery...I just realized....you're paddling the canoe backwards!
(I was looking to see if you had a portage yoke in it when I noticed)

I am not .......I have to paddle that way or I would tip

I dont need a yoke....Its a Michigan Aluminum 16 ft...I dont portage often.....Even with camp gear in it its pretty light

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread