OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey COUNTRY GIRL….I find the winter time is a good time to camp. Not very many people around. As long as I have a warm place to eat and sleep I am happy. It does present a different type of environment but it still can be a lot of fun. It beats the heck out of staying home and getting cabin fever…Art

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
No cabin fever grows under these snow shoes ;). So what brings you ot to the deep freeze? Snowmobile, ice fish, snow shoe, ski?

We've been to Pitsburgh NH snowmobiling and had to wait until it warmed up 20 degrees for the truck to start and get breakfast. It was soooo cold I was looking out the window the gas furnace was near "Hey honey look it's snowing!" I get the ::) "No it's not." The moisture comming out of the furnace was turning to ice as soon as it hit the air, that side of the porch had a big pile of snow. 40 below zero, we had to wait until noon when it warmed up to 10 below to go riding :D. It was a fun time!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
COUNTRY GIRL said:
aart.............nothing like camping.........ya gotta love it :)

Kim............you mean fun time NOT ??? sure sounds it!
Ralph wants to go camping in Pittsburg this weekend.
It's below freezing here NOW......must be really bad up there. :-\

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Ashleen, I bet it's cold up there, it is here. But.....you gotta try it once. Just to say you have. I would. That night it was 40 below 0, I wouldn't have made 10 min. but we were in a heated cabin. Good thing even the truck didn't wanna be out there :D. Let us know if you go, don't forget your camera!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Camping...YEAH!!!!!!!!

We are headed to Blackstone, VA this Friday till Sunday....Boy Scout Retreat up at the Methodist United Church and then heading to Pipsico BSA Reservation for the Second Pipsico Hunt on Nov 30 - 2 Dec...

I know it will be cold...but long johns and lots of blankets should keep us pretty warm at night...it's that waking up that I have a hard time with!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...but will be fun

Besides, at Pipsico...we hope all the copperheads have gone into hibernation...make metal detecting more enjoyable, I hope!!!

I love camping....but mostly in the summer...first time in this cold...let's see if I like it after these two weekends planned LOL

Nice camp set up you have there!!!

Happy Hunting and Camping ya'll,
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread