Trail cam Lion #2

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I had seen this poor old cow elk laying down about 15 yards off the trail I was walking on. She was skin and bones and laid there and watched me go by. I didn't disturb her and left her alone..I went back a few days later and found her dead, so I aimed a trail cam at the carcass to see what came to feed. There were a few coyotes that I haven't posted. They were bothered by the flash and were pretty poor pics. There are about twenty more pics of the cougar but this is enough.

Attachments

• 0350000.jpg
    0350000.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20500DS.jpg
    20500DS.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 21900.jpg
    21900.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 23000ds.jpg
    23000ds.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 23200.jpg
    23200.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 55

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was in that area. What kind of bird is that?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I guess you'll have to live out west to know what kind of bird that is. I'll let you tell them Ron.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your really getting some fascinating shots with that trail cam.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. I took my trail camera down after hurricane Michael came through and tore up the woods. Nothing comes in now except stray dogs, cats and raccoons.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Mountain lion ranges have expanded greatly over the last number of years.

My wife and I own a farm in Owen County which we lease the forest to hunt. We have seen all sorts of animals you would expect, deer, turkey, bob cats and other miscellaneous.
The land is rugged, forested and a wonderful place to hike.
IMG_0631.JPG

About 5 years ago the guys said they were in their stands when they said a large cougar,and a cub walked close to them, unfortunately no photos were taken.

I have a lot of outdoor experience and so do the the guys so I dont doubt what they said. A while later we were at the state fair in the DNR building and was talking to the DNR folks and told them the story. I got some interesting looks like my head was on backwards, they downplayed it and said it was something like the late 1800s the last time a cougar was seen in that area.

Next thing you know a horse was killed and another maimed in a verified cougar attack very close to our property.

See Likely Mountain Lion Attack on Horse in Indiana SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2018 https://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2018/11/likely-mountain-lion-attack-on-horse-in.html

Dang DNR folks sometime think the general public are daft cant even tie their shoe laces or something.

Last edited:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope you're carrying when you go out Ron? Great pics as usual :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Mountain lion ranges have expanded greatly over the last number of years.

My wife and I own a farm in Owen County which we lease the forest to hunt. We have seen all sorts of animals you would expect, deer, turkey, bob cats and other miscellaneous.
The land is rugged, forested and a wonderful place to hike.

About 5 years ago the guys said they were in their stands when they said a large cougar,and a cub walked close to them, unfortunately no photos were taken.

I have a lot of outdoor experience and so do the the guys so I dont doubt what they said. A while later we were at the state fair in the DNR building and was talking to the DNR folks and told them the story. I got some interesting looks like my head was on backwards, they downplayed it and said it was something like the late 1800s the last time a cougar was seen in that area.

Next thing you know a horse was killed and another maimed in a verified cougar attack very close to our property.

See Likely Mountain Lion Attack on Horse in Indiana SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2018 https://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2018/11/likely-mountain-lion-attack-on-horse-in.html

Dang DNR folks sometime think the general public are daft cant even tie their shoe laces or something.
I have a friend in CT. that says the same thing. Fish and Wildlife Department says they don't have any but people see them....I think he said they've been caught on trail cams there but not positive.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would not want to run into her when shes hungry or angry.lol

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUT​standing! ╦╦C

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome shots, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread