An Orange Day

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Today I attended the Tennessee football game versus Louisiana - Lafayette in Knoxville. Thought I'd share my routine with you.

Once I get on Campus I head to Volunteer Village where I wait for the players and coaches to take the "Vol Walk" to the stadium. The first photo is Coach Phil Fulmer and the second are some of the players:

1 Coach Phil Fulmer.JPG

2 Tennessee Players.JPG

Then I head towards Neyland Stadium to watch the Pride of the Southland Band arrive. Normally I stand on the street but today I went in the stadium and photographed their arrival. The first is the Alumni Band followed by the Pride of the Southland Band. The second and third is the Pride of the Southland Band:

3 Alumni and Pride of the Southland Bands 01.JPG

3A Pride of the Southland Band.JPG

3B Pride of the Southland Band.JPG

I then left the Stadium and had someone photograph me coming in. See me? I'm the one in the ORANGE shirt!

4 Orange.JPG

Here's what Neyland Stadium looks like before the crowd arrives:

5 Before the game.JPG

At Homecoming it's been a tradition to have a Tennessee Walking Horse parade around the stadium. Here is the 2007 Grand Champion Tennessee Walking Horse:

6 Grand Champion Tennessee Walking Horse.JPG

Here's the Pride of the Southland Band performing the "Power T" before kick-off.

7 Power T.JPG

Then it's a tradition for the Tennessee Team to run through the giant "T" formed by the band at all home games:

7A Team and T.JPG

Oh yeah, there was a football game:

8 The Game.JPG

And then at halftime there was a perforemance by both the Pride of the Southland Band and the Alumni Band:

9 Alumni and Pride of the Southland Band 02.JPG

Hope I haven't bored you!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im blind from all the orange! ;D Excellent sequence of photos Wes, hope the day was another great Orange one for ya!!

Don

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Excellent series, I really enjoyed your pictures,they were really sharp crisp shots. Lots of neat things going on there. Did Tenn win? I'm happy Iowa won today!!! Thanks for posting
Van

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It was a fun day. Th epre-game activities are as much fun and enjoyment as the game!

I was tired last night when I posted (3 hour drive between Knoxville and Springfield):

Tennessee 59
Louisiana Lafayette 7

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wesley.....Thanks!! I felt like I was there. Those pictures are great. 8)

Your knee must be feeling better...you're getting out and about! Good for you! :)

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Yes Moon Lisa Pie...the knee is getting better and thanks so much for thinking of it.

What I didn't explain was that after the half I had some throbbing in the knee so, with Tennessee comfortably ahead, at the end of the 3rd quarter I worked my way back and forth down the ramps and walked up the hill to the bus that took me to my truck, By leaving ten I avoided the crowds and the jostling that usually takes place at the end of a game. And besides, I'll watch the 4th quarter Monday night when the game is replayed on a local channel ::)

And that was very thoughtful of you to recognize Gypsy Mystery on her 10,000th Post. here's your reward:

Moon Pie.gif

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a pumpkin patch with all that orange but what a great color it is.

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......
Love Tennessee and UT football....I'm ready to move. Thanks for those great photos.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
;D ;D~Quote-(3 hour drive between Knoxville and Springfield):
Yea if you B driving a corvette lol.
Tenn. Joe-GO VOL'S

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Nate...rumour has it that the Vol Navy has so much fun on those boats they never make it to the game. That true?

volnavy.gif

Joe, my "Beast" may look good but if I drove it 3 hours to Knoxville I'd be so beat up I'd have to check in to UT Medical Center! ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread