tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snows all melted away and the warmth of the sun gets the dandelions instantly to start popping out of the ground. Now the honey bees are out and have at least these flowers to start collecting all their pollen from. There's not many other types of blossoms these bees can gather their harvest from yet, but looking at the dusty face on this bee along with the nectar on it's legs, it appears these dandelions with do just fine for the beginning of spring. When the Virginia Creepers around my patio bloom the thousands of tiny blossoms they have they'll be then thousands of these honey bees busy out there. I can just sit out there and the sound of that many bee's is very unique to hear. It's a deep harmonious somewhat audible Continuous HUMMMMMM.

Attachments

• 20200421_182915.jpg
    20200421_182915.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 62

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snows all melted away and the warmth of the sun gets the dandelions instantly to start popping out of the ground. Now the honey bees are out and have at least these flowers to start collecting all their pollen from. There's not many other types of blossoms these bees can gather their harvest from yet, but looking at the dusty face on this bee along with the nectar on it's legs, it appears these dandelions with do just fine for the beginning of spring. When the Virginia Creepers around my patio bloom the thousands of tiny blossoms they have they'll be then thousands of these honey bees busy out there. I can just sit out there and the sound of that many bee's is very unique to hear. It's a deep harmonious somewhat audible Continuous HUMMMMMM.

Time to make some dandelion wine.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter in Ireland sent me a photo of some she dipped in batter and fried. The wine sounds better to me.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
And the greens are very good for you. look it up.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been awhile, but dandelion salad was regular growing up, as my parents were born before the crash of 29' and my doughboy grandad would often have a glass of dandelion wine he made. My mother's still around and she's pushing 96 and we talk on the phone and our conversations are many times of when she was living during the tough times. To me that info she has stored up is a true treasure. She's in a nursing home now and the place has been hit with the covid 19. and I get email updates from the facility of what the circumstances are. It ain't good as they tested 70 residents and 35 now have tested positive. Fortunately they told me she's been cleared and tested negative. She says they keep her in room now 24/7 and bring her meals instead now because the dining hall is shut down. Hopefully they've got things under control. The topic of her past, she recalls very well, as I've heard an elderly person's long term memory maintains better over the short term memory which do see in her. She'll call me sometimes 3 times a day and tell me all about what's happening and I'll tell her you already told me that and she'll be surprised and "say I did"?. Have you ever seen this woman Clara who posted on YouTube and known for her Great Depression Cooking. https://www.welcometoclaraskitchen.com/

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey bees used to be common around here but lately not near as many. Gary
Yeah in some areas the honey bees are under threat I've heard. They're pretty numerous around here still. A few folks in the neighborhood have honey box hives in their yards now. I think about getting me a couple sometime after I quit traveling, which I'm hoping will end in less than 3 years now.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mom told about taking lard sandwiches in her lunch to school. And making cookies out of the renderd lard cracklings.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, just starting to pop in my front lawn. I wonder if the advent of lawn fertilizer killing all the dandelions, bee populations are suffering? :dontknow:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I saw the wife out digging them up in our yard I know when its time to dissapear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread