now thats old stuff

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I'll tell you what.
Unearthed this "tasty item" cleaning in-laws home. Dad-in-law passed in 1996 and Mom-in-law in 2003. the house has served as an office for our business since, but has never been top to bottom gone thru and cleaned out all these years. On top of all the other items that we continue to find we can now add an unopened bottle of "Crown". The double seal (???) reveals a date of 1971 and appears to be Canadian. A mystery of it's own.
I'll cut this short by saying 1971 is my graduating class year and next year that'll make it 50 years.
Wonder how this will be disposed of next year during the "Sweet Corn Festival". (always our date for our multiyear class reunion) Adel, Iowa.
Here's to ya...
BW

SFPV0914.jpg

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
That's the only hard stuff I drink.
The bag is a nice little bonus.
Try the CR Black

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's good Canadian whiskey for sure. I have an unopened one from the 80's. I don't know why I don't drink it but I've had it all this time. I prefer Irish Whiskey but you can't go wrong with Crown.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I don' have a bottle from either 1976 or the 80's.
But I do have a purple bag from this past Christmas.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah, Crown Royal I know it well! In Grad School, being a Physics Major we sometimes had a bit after a long day in the Lab. That bottle brings back fond memories! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread