Can you identify these?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several north of Yuma, AZ.
tracks.jpg tracks 2.jpg

I know (knew) what they are. Easy to see what caused them if you know the Yuma Proving Grounds are in this area.

They are tank tracks (tracked vehicles). Here are a few nearby.
tanks.jpg tanks 2.jpg

THANK YOU to all veterans, past, present, and future, for the sacrifices you have made, or will make to keep us safe! Terry Cieszki

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 90s I was heading to a mine in Winterhaven Cal and I'd see tanks kicking up dust out in the desert along that highway that goes north and south out of Quartzite and those machines could haul ass. I got into Yuma late one night and saw a car do this for the first ever right next to me.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the 90s I was heading to a mine in Winterhaven Cal and I'd see tanks kicking up dust out in the desert along that highway that goes north and south out of Quartzite and those machines could haul ass. I got into Yuma late one night and saw a car do this for the first ever right next to me.

I recently crossed the Goldwater bombing range to get to the Colorado River. A uniformed soldier had a checkpoint set up. He informed me that an ops was going on and I needed to stay on the dirt road, not to stray left. Just then six tanks FLEW by at about 60 mph (a guess)! OORAH! America's military might... working it out! ╦╦C

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently crossed the Goldwater bombing range to get to the Colorado River. A uniformed soldier had a checkpoint set up. He informed me that an ops was going on and I needed to stay on the dirt road, not to stray left. Just then six tanks FLEW by at about 60 mph (a guess)! OORAH! America's military might... working it out! ╦╦C
Yes indeed, tank warfare has sure evolved

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, Thanks for Your Service and Thanks to all Vets out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread