What not to do when giving your wife an anniversary present !!!

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
I painted this Chickadee painting a few years back and decided it would be for my wife as an anniversary present I had my three kids and 2 grandkids each put a snow flake in the painting and then put there initials in there snow flake. I thought it was pretty cool. I got a nice card to give with the painting. I cant remember what year that we were married at that time but I said like Happy 35th anniversary etc. The only problem was it was our 37th. To this day I haven't lived that one down. She does like the painting. It hangs in our living room. This was taken today through the glass so its kind of soft. Thanks for looking
Old Forgetful Van

Attachments

• HSPICTURES 835-Changed.jpg
    HSPICTURES 835-Changed.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 389
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
justgeese said:
Best way to remember Ed is to think back how old she was when you got married and do the math LMAO
Don
Well lets see Don,she was 19 when we got married and she is 71 now so that means we were married 49 years Right. Did I mention I stayed back a year in first grade? lol
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
justgeese said:
Ed...I think you stayed back a year because of duck season LOL
Don
Don Im speechless,You got me on that one.LOL
Ed

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
justgeese said:
Ed
No one ever said us "Wing Chaser's" where the smartest people in the world. Think it has to do with Rain, cold,snow,muddy fields, etc... you know what I'm talking about ;D
Don
"Wing Chasers" lol never heard that one,but do know the meaning very well !
Ed

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That is a great painting. You are very talented! I never could draw, or paint, so I turned to photography. My brother got the drawing gene.

Ray

Glsfutrs

Mar 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000/Di
Well I think that your wife appreciates very nice art !

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another piece of great talented art. I'm trying to find the initials in the snowflakes, no luck must be in white. ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
River Rat said:
Another piece of great talented art. I'm trying to find the initials in the snowflakes, no luck must be in white. ;D

;) RR
They are in the snow flakes near the leaf at the bottom,but are not visible to my eyes anyway.They are hard to see looking at the actual painting.I put little things in most paintings somewhere.Its kind of a fun thing to do,and lots of artist do it never telling anyone. Thanks for your kind words RR.
Van

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Another Beautiful painting Van, :) :)

Now that you have brought up the subject, I'm trying to figure out how long I have been married. Seems like most of my life. ;D
Math has alway's been one of my weakest subjects, so I'm having a difficult time using Don's formula. :D

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ray in CA said:
That is a great painting. You are very talented! I never could draw, or paint, so I turned to photography. My brother got the drawing gene.

Ray
Thank you Ray,if I had a fraction of your talent that you have with photography, Id be thrilled
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Glsfutrs said:
Well I think that your wife appreciates very nice art !
Thank you Glsfutrs.Yep she appreciates the painting .I am lucky to have her!!
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ron & April said:
Another Beautiful painting Van, :) :)

Now that you have brought up the subject, I'm trying to figure out how long I have been married. Seems like most of my life. ;D
Math has alway's been one of my weakest subjects, so I'm having a difficult time using Don's formula. :D
Thanks Ron lol on the age.Them ol Texas boys are good at math.lol
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
packerbacker said:
Beautiful pic Van. Looks cold though and it looks like it will be snowing for some time. :).
Thanks PB. Its been a very mild fall here in Iowa,but I'm afraid that is about to end and it will end up looking like that painting. The problem with winter is it seems to last forever. lol
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread