Smokey road
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree23Likes
  • 15 Post By tamrock
  • 3 Post By cyzak
  • 3 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By cyzak
  • 1 Post By A2coins

Thread: Smokey road

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21470 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Smokey road

Yesterday I left home to be over in western Colorado this morning. It's a Sunday and all the front rangers are finished up in the mountains and all lined up bumper to bumper down in Idaho Spring waiting to get back into the Denver metro. I could smell and see the smoke haze at my house from this Pine Gulch fire Sunday morning and that's more than 200 miles away. Around Parachute, Colorado it was really thick and I was thinking this might be what the atmosphere of Venus would look like. You could stare right into the sun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200810_052447.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	1855252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200809_214931.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1,009.9 KB 
ID:	1855253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200809_215009.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	1855254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200809_192419.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	1855255  
    Last edited by tamrock; Aug 10, 2020 at 07:17 AM.

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin,Do the math.
    2360 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Yesterday I left home to be over in western Colorado this morning. It's a Sunday and all the front rangers are finished up in the mountains and all lined up bumper to bumper down in Idaho Spring waiting to get back into the Denver metro. I could smell and see the smoke haze at my house from this Pine Gulch fire Sunday morning and that's more than 200 miles away. Around Parachute, Colorado it was really thick and I was thinking this might be what the atmosphere of Venus would look like. You could stare right into the sun.
    The fire is burning Cedar, Juniper, Oak brush, them canyons are thick with it use to hunt that country it is wild in there.It probably will due some good to get it burned out but hate seeing a fire so big this ones a monster steep country to.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like humanity. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21470 times
    I'm over here in Delta getting my 8hr msha annual refresher and just as the class ended, a gal came into inform any of us that'll be heading back to Denver, they just closed I70 both ways due to an out of control wildfire I guess is in the Glenwood canyon. I hurried up and got a room in Montrose, where I can just lay low and head up over cottonwood and maybe because I've got time to kill I might just take a bit longer drive over the divide and go over Cochetopa pass and maybe go see a couple quarries down around Caņon City. It's hot hot hot over here in Western Colorado and I'm thinking fire's will be popping up all over this week.
    diggingthe1, cyzak and DizzyDigger like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin,Do the math.
    2360 times
    There calling it the Grizzly creek fire in Glenwood canyon it blowin up pretty good from what they are reporting.
    tamrock likes this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like humanity. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42109 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Love it
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

Sponsored Links