GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That pic of the bridge is outstanding..awesome composition. :occasion14:

Now, that pic of the mouse in your hand requires some form of
explanation..or did you just use it as a bribe to get the eagle to sit
still? moose.gif

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That pic of the bridge is outstanding..awesome composition. :occasion14:

Now, that pic of the mouse in your hand requires some form of
explanation..or did you just use it as a bribe to get the eagle to sit
still?

Thanks dude. I saw it scurry from the brush to the shoreline,and grabbed it.

Attachments

• K1024_DSCN0283.JPG
    K1024_DSCN0283.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what did you do with the mouse ?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure that ain't a young Vole? Those things are the only critter my dog Bella can catch, well I guess I could give her credit for a baby bunny once.

Attachments

• 128071281.hPqeO6dj.jpg
    128071281.hPqeO6dj.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 26
  • walk 041819 6.jpg
    walk 041819 6.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, Grant...that's a meadow vole if I ever saw one...not a mouse. By my count, Heidi killed and ate over 300 of them in just one spring a couple of years ago. Our area was lousy with them.
Good pics, Chris!
Jim

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, Grant...that's a meadow vole if I ever saw one...not a mouse. By my count, Heidi killed and ate over 300 of them in just one spring a couple of years ago. Our area was lousy with them.
Good pics, Chris!
Jim
I don't have an over population of voles around here, because of all the raptors that are around. Coyote's I'll see often listening to the snow for voles underneath and then dive in after them. Yes I like that bridge scene also Chris. I wonder how old it is, being riveted steel and stone piers. It's just a marvelous looking bridge and I admire old bridges.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have an over population of voles around here, because of all the raptors that are around. Coyote's I'll see often listening to the snow for voles underneath and then dive in after them. Yes I like that bridge scene also Chris. I wonder how old it is, being riveted steel and stone piers. It's just a marvelous looking bridge and I admire old bridges.

Replaced the original in 1954,it was built in 1897.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pics, Chris!
Jim
Yeah, Dogs, they just have no compassion for any thing furry and cute. That picture of Bella I took is her looking at the pile of cedar fence panels where a baby bunny was hiding out. She'd been working for hours at digging and ripping splinters of wood out with her teeth trying to get to that little rabbit. I finally had to pull her off of her crazed quest at something she was sure in her mind to kill. She's hilarious trying to run after a full grown bunny, but a Vole will make her day.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, Dogs, they just have no compassion for any thing furry and cute. That picture of Bella I took is her looking at the pile of cedar fence panels where a baby bunny was hiding out. She'd been working for hours at digging and ripping splinters of wood out with her teeth trying to get to that little rabbit. I finally had to pull her off of her crazed quest at something she was sure in her mind to kill. She's hilarious trying to run after a full grown bunny, but a Vole will make her day.

Heidi's a relentless hunter. Of the 14 dogs I've owned she's the only one I feel could actually make it in the wild. She's caught cottontails, jackrabbits, birds, you name it. She was even chasing those big long-nosed lizards in Nevada last summer, though I doubt she'd eat one...LOL
Jim

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics looks very serine

Top Member Reactions