tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took these with my Samsung S10 as I took a couple trips in the mountains this last week. The old homestead is west of Jamestown Colo and the others are from coming down from a visit to the Henderson mine around the foot of Jones Pass. You can see a slight color change to fall colors on the mountainside. Not sure what the little flower is, but some plants in the higher plains and mountains blossom towards the end of summer.

Attachments

• 20200904_054316.jpg
    20200904_054316.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20200904_054147.jpg
    20200904_054147.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20200904_054130.jpg
    20200904_054130.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20200902_173356.jpg
    20200902_173356.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 32

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos looks like it is still staying green up there.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos looks like it is still staying green up there.
Might be the positive aspect of all the fires, as carbon monoxide C0 does not hurt plants because plants will oxidize it into carbon dioxide, which is an essential material for photosynthesis.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that old place occupied? It doesn't look like it's in too bad of shape. Peaceful setting. Gary
No ones living there Gary and if you look closely you'll see a sign on that enclosed porch addition a blue sign stating its now a site registered as a Boulder County historic site, so as it stands this old homesite can never be torn down and replaced with anything better no matter who owns it. A few years ago they designated this old motel not far from my house a historic landmark. The owner of it was really ticked-off, because the land values are going through the roof around here and now he can't sell the land for what a developer would be willing to pay. He wanted level the place, so he started renting the rooms dirt cheap to bring in all the riff raff, but the city just condemned the place un suitable to live in. Now it's all chainlinked off an it looks like maybe its getting restored. I should probably document it all as I ride my bike by it all the time, but maybe they'll just be leveling the place, which my wife thinks they should do.

Attachments

• co_lafayette_circlemotel.jpg
    co_lafayette_circlemotel.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No ones living there Gary and if you look closely you'll see a sign on that enclosed porch addition a blue sign stating its now a site registered as a Boulder County historic site, so as it stands this old homesite can never be torn down and replaced with anything better no matter who owns it. A few years ago they designated this old motel not far from my house a historic landmark. The owner of it was really ticked-off, because the land values are going through the roof around here and now he can't sell the land for what a developer would be willing to pay. He wanted level the place, so he started renting the rooms dirt cheap to bring in all the riff raff, but the city just condemned the place un suitable to live in. Now it's all chainlinked off an it looks like maybe its getting restored. I should probably document it all as I ride my bike by it all the time, but maybe they'll just be leveling the place, which my wife thinks they should do.

Many local Historic Boards, Preservation Societies, give them any name you want, have no legal authority to dictate what one does with their property. Many defer to them, the gray-haired busybodies of their communities. When challenged, no teeth. I can't see a building of that age and purpose being declared historic. The history of that place is a big no-tell unknown.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many local Historic Boards, Preservation Societies, give them any name you want, have no legal authority to dictate what one does with their property. Many defer to them, the gray-haired busybodies of their communities. When challenged, no teeth. I can't see a building of that age and purpose being declared historic. The history of that place is a big no-tell unknown.
Yeah the so called busybodies, felt it was a historic remnant of old highway 287. the roof pitches all look like an old sway back horse. I believe they're busting all the concrete and digging up where a couple old 1950s style gas pumps one were, to remove all the contaminated ground below. They've still have the old part of town to cherish

Attachments

• 20200716_073748.jpg
    20200716_073748.jpg
    907.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800