Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped in SLV 3 days last week in Penitente Canyon and spent most of the time exploring around. Still pretty warm and dry down there, up in the 80's and down in the 50's at night. Not near as many people as I expected but traffic was picking up when I went home Saturday morning. Went down to the Rio Grande in Del Norte, Crystal Hill mine site, and Carnero Creek and various other spots on the west side.

Attachments

• 9-3b.jpg
    9-3b.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 9-3c.jpg
    9-3c.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 9-4cc.jpg
    9-4cc.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 9-4dd.jpg
    9-4dd.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 9-4ii.jpg
    9-4ii.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 62

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heats gonna end, as the weather reports are calling for a high of 91° tomorrow and then dropping to a low of 33° with possible snow on Tuesday. I'm getting really smoked out right now from the Cameron peak fire in Larimer County. Be glade to see some precipitation and cooler weather work on putting an end to this dang near record breaking above 90° consecutive days this year. Herd the record will be broken with just 2 more days in the 90s for the year. We should see this cold front move in with a pretty good blast of cold air as it'll flow down from the mountain tops like a rushing torrent. I can feel the change coming.

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful country you're traveling through! Great pictures, too! Thanks!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headin out to Utah this week, tamrock. My son is comin down from Laramie and we'll converge on the Moab area. Haven't seen him in 4 or 5 years. I'll go Monday to beat that snowstorm we may or may not have comin in Monday night.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headin out to Utah this week, tamrock. My son is comin down from Laramie and we'll converge on the Moab area. Haven't seen him in 4 or 5 years. I'll go Monday to beat that snowstorm we may or may not have comin in Monday night.
Should be a good trip. What route ya taking?. My favorite is over cottonwood to Gunnison to Montrose and up through Ridgeway and go by that beautiful majestic veiw of the San Jauns and on into Placerville, Norwood and Naturita and turn left just past town at hwy 145 and into the Paradox valley to LaSal Utah and on to 191 up to Moab. I saw a bear pop his head up on my last trip that way just as I was coming into Placerville.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome pics I wish I could walk into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread