Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked out areas for prehistoric occupation and saw a lot of flakes in different areas and spotted one broke. Jasper seems to be the favored material but they also had a grey type chert and worked some quartz. Not a bad camp site in the canyon and the wife came along so I got the tent up. You do have to chase the shade around in the afternoon though.

Attachments

• 9-2b.jpg
    9-2b.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 9-2c.jpg
    9-2c.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 9-2e.jpg
    9-2e.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 9-3d.jpg
    9-3d.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 9-3e.jpg
    9-3e.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 45

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you're get'n all around down there. Great evidence of those before us and what's the story on that ore bin?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's related to the Crystal Hill Mine operation, TR. In later years they set up a cyanide operation and processed 25 tons of ore to get an ounce of gold and made money off of it at the time. This is the place somebody told me they were doing blasting, to explain that explosion I heard one night. Far as I could see, they ain't done nothin here in a long old time. So I still got no clue where that loud blast came from.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a sonic boom once from a meteor as it went streaking by me going east on I80 around Elk Mountain. It appeared to just skip though the upper earths atmosphere. It was still light out around 7pm and left a white smoke trail that dissipated much sooner then one an airliner leaves. Strange and unexplained booms are sometimes just unsolved mysteries. If it was by a meteor you'd a seen your shadow. I saw one looking as if it came straight down to earth, south of Las Cruses, NM that just light up the night for a second.

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you come up with some of the most beautiful pictures from some of the most out of the way places..
Keep them coming.............

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes that is so cool

Top Member Reactions