An old firetruck toy

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
My Daughter is always looking around for things that she thinks are cool. I was up to her house waiting for the furnace guy to come and do his winter check up. I had my camera with me and took a few pictures. Some may think this stuff is just junk,but she displays it real nice I think. She gets most of this stuff for very little cost.Thanks for looking.
Van

Attachments

• HSPICTURES 1037 (Changed).jpg
    HSPICTURES 1037 (Changed).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 250
  • HSPICTURES 1028 (Changed).jpg
    HSPICTURES 1028 (Changed).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 240
  • HSPICTURES 1024-Changed.jpg
    HSPICTURES 1024-Changed.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ron & April said:
Very nice Ed. I love the toy firetruck.
April
She found that old toy at a Goodwill store for 38 cents. Notice the drawing pad on the floor. She uses water color paper to do pencil sketches on. Here's one of her latest.
Ed

Attachments

• HSPICTURES 647 (Changed).jpg
    HSPICTURES 647 (Changed).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 220

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Van...she'd have a field day in my basement. My Mother saved all the toy trucks, cars, etc I played with and gave them to me a few years ago. Can't believe folks don't see the value in thise things.

She's also a very good artist!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love old toys like that...I'm looking at one on the shelf right now. It's call Trick Dog...put money in it's mouth & press the lever, the dog jumps through a hoop and drops the coin in a barrel.

Who's in the drawing? Is that your daughter & husband? Nice looking couple.

;) RR

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
River Rat said:
I love old toys like that...I'm looking at one on the shelf right now. It's call Trick Dog...put money in it's mouth & press the lever, the dog jumps through a hoop and drops the coin in a barrel.

Who's in the drawing? Is that your daughter & husband? Nice looking couple.

;) RR
She works with the girl in the drawing and that is the womens husband.. She does some drawings for people who she works with and the charge is what ever they want to give to United Way.She does the drawing and the person goes to HR and donates the money.She doesn't personally charge them so that way there is no conflict of interest.She has raised a bunch for this charity by doing this. It doesn't take her very long to draw them. We took a portrait class together when she was 10 and she has been turning them out every since.Thanks for your kind words RR !
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
justgeese said:
Great Ed..love the cast iron, think there may be a couple here around the house LOL..fantastic art work too
Don
I thought if anyone on here had seen one of them before you would have. I know you like those kind of things.Thanks for the comments!
Ed

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think if that was an original 20's or older toy it would bring about $38+. That is if it wasn't repainted. One great looking fire truck. Thanks for posting.
Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions