tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year we had almost a record in days in the high 90s with a smoke filled sky's under the mile high sun and then came along a hard freeze in less than 24 hours. The heat and smoke did make for some unique sunrises and a bit miserable, but the out of nowhere freeze has wiped out the possibility of beautiful fall leaves as they'll now all just whither and fall away. I wanted things to cool down, but this recent cooler temps is a bit extreme.

Attachments

• 20200909_073436.jpg
    20200909_073436.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200909_073337.jpg
    20200909_073337.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year we had almost a record in days in the high 90s with a smoke filled sky's under the mile high sun and then came along a hard freeze in less than 24 hours. The heat and smoke did make for some unique sunrises and a bit miserable, but the out of nowhere freeze has wiped out the possibility of beautiful fall leaves as they'll now all just whither and fall away. I wanted things to cool down, but this recent cooler temps is a bit extreme.

It is the same here I like fall I do not want to see the snow rain OK hopefully it will warm up to the 70's again for awile.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recall stopping at a small, quiet truck stop on I-25 (I think
it was a Sinclair) and it was a beautiful warm, Fall evening..almost
summer like. Didn't even run the truck that night...just cracked
the windows and slept in all that fresh air.

Woke up the next morning with 6" of snow on the hood... sSig_aaarggh.gif

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya. We were really needing a cool down, but I prefer we ease into it. Having all these 90°+ days and then dropping down to a freeze in less than a day really puts a bite in the air. We really didn't get all that much snow. Just that damp cold air that'll chill you to the bone. Good side of it all was it really put a lot of pressure on putting these fires to rest.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like MI weather

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread