worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I only see them in the fall.Beautiful creatures.

DSCN0626.JPG

DSCN0622.JPG

DSCN0604.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orb Weavers are absolutely awesome! There are so many different sub-species spanning across the entire globe, and each one seems to be more beautifully patterned than the last. They are also harmless (and quite docile when handled) to humans, yet highly skilled assassins of garden pests. I can't say that I am thrilled when I accidentally walk face first through one of their perfectly placed webs, but it's not any worse than steppin in some �� lol

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures and cool subject! Not that I'm all that fond of them critters, but I appreciate getting rid of the bad bugs and flying bad boys!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Orb Weavers are absolutely awesome! There are so many different sub-species spanning across the entire globe, and each one seems to be more beautifully patterned than the last. They are also harmless (and quite docile when handled) to humans, yet highly skilled assassins of garden pests. I can't say that I am thrilled when I accidentally walk face first through one of their perfectly placed webs, but it's not any worse than steppin in some �� lol

I have a pic of one with a pattern of a lions head.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually have those spiders weave webs on my back porch, but I haven't seen any so far.

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pic of one with a pattern of a lions head.

Post it! I will never tire of anything that has to do with nature. Here's a pic of a very young Horned Lizard, aka "Horny Toad." I named him "Killa" for two reasons. First is for irony based on his size. The second is because if you look carefully at the pattern on his back you can see the face of a ghost, which makes him The GhostFace Killa. Lmao FB_IMG_1601446947846.jpg

Oh, and he was released unharmed, back into the desert to feast on entire colonies of ants

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Post it! I will never tire of anything that has to do with nature. Here's a pic of a very young Horned Lizard, aka "Horny Toad." I named him "Killa" for two reasons. First is for irony based on his size. The second is because if you look carefully at the pattern on his back you can see the face of a ghost, which makes him The GhostFace Killa. Lmao View attachment 1867676

Oh, and he was released unharmed, back into the desert to feast on entire colonies of ants

I have to look back through the last couple years worth of pics and find it.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the Orkin man , he works for food in my basement. 20191020_134457.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread