Handsome fellow at my door today

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
This handsome fellow was actually on my front doorstep when I got home from town today. He & his lady friend hung around for hours while I gardened. The doe & twin fawns live inside my fence & are here every day - all day. Everytime I go thru the gate I have to get out of the car & shoo them away. One of my cats was sniffing noses with a fawn today but I didn't have the camera with me. Darn! There is a photo of the buck & doe checking out one of my other cats. They really like the cats & will walk over & snif them.

Attachments

• deck.JPG
    deck.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 780
  • buck 2007 009.JPG
    buck 2007 009.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 806
  • buck 2007 013.JPG
    buck 2007 013.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 788
  • buck 2007 015.JPG
    buck 2007 015.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 788
  • deck.JPG
    deck.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 769

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess all females like flowers....doe!! :D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you have a beautiful place! great pictures!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cruisin,,,that's kinda neat to have those guests around. The cat and deer sniffing each other would have been classic. Maybe you'll get another chance.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Holy smokes that is a beautiful animal! Thank you for posting those photos.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, he is handsome...wish we had Mule deer here.

OP
OP
C

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
I feel so blessed to be able to live in such a peaceful place. There is a bit of a story about this house - I bought it 11 years ago as a forclosure. It was a disaster when I got it. It had been empty for a year, the house had been severely damaged, & the grounds were a mess. The worst part was that the previous owners killed every animal that came on the place. They just did it to be shooting something. As I was cleaning the place up I found many many carcasses of dead deer, cats, dogs, a dead great blue herron, & even horse heads. It just made me sick! Even worse, I learned that the mother had beaten her daughter & the child was taken away from her. They had raised dogs & cats for profit, too. When they left they actually left animals in their cages to die. Only one cat survived - a real estate agent found it and let it out.
I immediately set out to restore peace to this place, and I have. It is now a safe haven for all wild animals. The whole 5 acres is fenced & wooded and offers a peaceful place, away from dogs & cars. I don't feed any wild animals but I do have a water trough out for them. It is absolutely amazing how many wild animals I see on a daily basis! I can be sitting at the computer & snap photos (like the deer eating the petunias) right from my chair. This year we had 2 does have twins right in the yard. We had a litter of foxes by the garage last year. The animals we see regularly are: deer, more deer, foxes, raccoons, possums, woodrats, bobcats, mountain lions, tarantulas, a nesting pair of red shouldered hawks, owls, skunks, herrons & ducks & turtles when I have water in the pond, & coyotes. I've had one bear walk along the fence but he didn't come in. The wild pigs come up to the fence but thankfully, they don't get in. They are a mess!
The house has been remodeled & now has a wonderful feel to it. Every single negative vibe is gone!!!
The photo of the fox was taken thru the window while I sat at the computer:

Attachments

• fox 1.JPG
    fox 1.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 652

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like he was as interested in you as you were in him! i love foxes. they are really beautiful animals. we have them around here but you only see them very early in the morning. so much of the area where i live is developed or being developed that the critters dont have much habitat any more. any little stand of woods will be full of whats left of our wildlife. its sad really. anyway, you are a lucky man to have such a beautiful place to live. ;)

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every morning when i go to work we about 7 deer that seem to think our lawn taste best.
also this hunting season they were here and in the front lawn of the cop shop...LOL

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
and some folks think animals are dumb ( seems that their smart enought to know a safe haven place when the see one)--the bucks there for breeding with the does, its that time of year for them -- I do hunt but I do eat what I shoot -- the tale you told about the way the place was and how low down the prior owners were makes me sick -- Ivan

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Makes me remember my girl when she was just 4 yrs old bouncing oup and down pointing and yelling at the top of her little lungs...."Look Daddy! ,,,,,Meat!"

OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread