fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 'happy bunch of hunters', I just got back from a buddy's camp in AR, we had a great time.

Fossis...............

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great pic...But I am kinda thinking that isnt coffee in those cups!
Hope you all get your buck and have a safe and fun time !
Happy Thanksgiving :)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo, looks like you all had a great time. Tim

Dodad

Dec 8, 2006
Gore, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to see you're keeping it clean. And fully understand what you are saying about it not being all about the hunt. The last four years I hunted, the part I enjoyed the most was sitting around the fire with some hot coffee brewed over an open flame and the conversations with some of my buddies. Truth be told I slept most of the time I was in my tree stand. For me it was more of a way to get away from the routine of everyday life.And no I am not referring to the old lady. She actually came to my camp a few times and made sure I had plenty to eat. She said Man can not survive on beans and potted meat alone. And man can she ever make a mean beef stew. Good on those cold evenings.Well, liked the pic and happy hunting.

Dodad
Gore, OK

glasskeeper

Oct 29, 2006
Central, Vermont
Great pic, I know what you mean when you say deer camp is all about being with friends & family. There's a certain bond that's hard to explain and getting a deer is only a plus. My wife doesn't see the fun in taking an outdoor shower when there's snow on the ground,or the out house consists of leaning against a tree with a small branch to hang toilet paper off from, but that's just part of deer camp. My uncle owns a camp in Maine and when I'm asked to go it's like somebody just gave me a great Christmas gift. Camp is all about the stories and memories and hopes that everyone will be back for next years hunt. Have a safe hunt Jim. PS: It also doesn't hurt that there's a great bar only 8 miles from camp!

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
what the hell is that,a deer camp?guess my camps were different.would be beer in pic and a way bigger fire.most likely would have been a drunk falling down in my pic also.lol.hope you did good.we usually chaced the deer off,way long before dawn.next time you go out to hunt.go late at night and put dirty sock at everbodys blinds but yours.old trick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread