• impBK2PNG-1.png
    impBK2PNG-1.png
    925.6 KB · Views: 98

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nice pics, Ron.
Jim

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
That is some surreal background. Queen kitty looks fat just like I like. Do you use a bait or any lure? I love to trap and put up fur. Fur is the Original Renewable resource. I have harvested skunks and collected scent but you really find out who’s your friend. In very short order the dogs and cat won’t even come around.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Must have warmed up a bit over there, skunks usually stay in their dens unless it warms up a bit. I have been seeing more bobcat sign (tracks) this last fall when out hunting artifacts. I think I should get back out and do some trapping.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That is some surreal background. Queen kitty looks fat just like I like. Do you use a bait or any lure? I love to trap and put up fur. Fur is the Original Renewable resource. I have harvested skunks and collected scent but you really find out who’s your friend. In very short order the dogs and cat won’t even come around.
I used to trap about every fur bearer there is years ago but now only with a camera...I did put some skunk based predator lure in the end of that old log.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to trap about every fur bearer there is years ago but now only with a camera...I did put some skunk based predator lure in the end of that old log.
Nice pictures. And that is the best way to trap only with a camera i hate to see wild life killed.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pictures. And that is the best way to trap only with a camera i hate to see wild life killed.

My friend, Trapping fur is a treasure hunt that puts money in my pocket. When wildlife has no harvest to manage population it becomes Shoot Shovel Shut-up.
Managed harvest is renewable, sustainable, organic.
I somehow know that my reasons and answer will never never satisfy but I look foreword to explaining more if you wish

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My friend, Trapping fur is a treasure hunt that puts money in my pocket.
When wildlife has no harvest to manage population it becomes Shoot Shovel Shut-up.
I somehow know that my reasons and answer will never never satisfy but I look foreword to
explaining more if you wish

Was a time I'd have looked at the bobcat and thought "$500"..but that was long ago.
Back in the 80's I was running long lines in the Mt. Baker area. In the late 70's and
early 80's I was a rabid predator caller, hunting night/day every weekend. I understand
the justification for trapping and hunting.

In 1991 I had trapped a coyote that had wandered through our yard. Simple
trail set, and the next morning I found a young female coyote caught by
a back foot in a #2LS.

Beautiful looking critter, she was, and in all honestly the thought of taking her
life was painful...and I knew then that I'd hit my limit, and was tired of taking
critters lives. I looked her in the eye and told her if I ever saw her around my house
again it would be curtains for her. Then, got her back foot stretched in between a couple
saplings and turned her loose. Never saw her again.

That is a cool set-up Ron..hope it continues to produce those kinds of shots..:occasion14:

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My friend, Trapping fur is a treasure hunt that puts money in my pocket. When wildlife has no harvest to manage population it becomes Shoot Shovel Shut-up.
I somehow know that my reasons and answer will never never satisfy but I look foreword to explaining more if you wish
Sorry i need no explaining about killing i quit hunting 55 years ago and i like all the wild life .

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are GREAT shots Ron! Bobcats are SO beautiful, just one of nature’s greatest creations. Even though I’ve never been a game hunter or fisherman, I totally get the need to manage populations when they might be getting out of whack. Here in Wisconsin, deer strikes are a serious SERIOUS problem for motorists, especially motorcyclists. If it weren’t for the fact that the kill might spoil by the time it could be dragged out of the woods, a “year round” season might actually be a reality. They are EVERYWHERE! We do have the very rare bobcat sighting in southern Wisconsin, but the ones that are around are very elusive.
Anyway...great pics, I hope you post others when they come up!

Oh yeah I forgot....We DO have a whole BUS LOAD of coyotes you can have, you just pay shipping.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread