Some Pics Taken During The Albino Brain Chigger Outbreak . . .

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What are albino brain chiggers? Google it and only look at the links that mention "3rd rock from the sun".

Anyhow, after about 14" - 18" of this white crap, in southeast Arkansas. Thank goodness for global warming, cause the temp only fell to 6 degrees. Without global warming, it might have gotten in the negative double digits.

All I could do is sit inside and take pics of our bird feeders etc. Basically, whatever I could see through the front door. Figured I would make you guys suffer through some of these images too.

This little Junco thinks she's a humming bird. Every time she hit the suet, she ate this way . . .

SheThinksShesAHummingbird.jpg

This female cardinal seems disappointed she couldn't take a dip in the birdbath.

DSCN5934.jpg

Even a blue jay will turn upside down for suet with peanuts

DSCN5936_cropped.jpg

Stay safe and watch out for that frozen stuff!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you guys are gettin our winter, so far.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter in Dallas abandoned ship and headed to home here in Colorado after her power and water shut down. Her work which is a school called everything off for a few days. Yeah I hear ya. Why is all the talk on global warming such a bad thing??

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My daughter in Dallas abandoned ship and headed to home here in Colorado after her power and water shut down. Her work which is a school called everything off for a few days. Yeah I hear ya. Why is all the talk on global warming such a bad thing??

Just reading about the jet stream and decades ago it was a lot stronger west/east affair. Then it moved further up, and over the recent decades it has thin/weakened and got wobbly basically or loopy is another term. This latest loop went all the way down and it got stuck.

:dontknow:Seems like its all changing and we have to be prepared for the ride wether we like it not. It's like dressing for the cold-one can take it off-but if you haven't got it........

TX wanted to be independent off the nation grid......I guess they should of been more prepared.

Hope the daughter is alright and can return when things get restored.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Difficult to see the suffering that people and creatures endure during catastrophic events like this. There is always blaming but in many cases as in the pandemic, bad things will happen despite all preparations and laws. We help each other and pray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread