fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have four Bluebird boxes on my property. I checked one last week and there were four eggs in it. I walked by it the next afternoon and saw all four eggs laying on the ground. Each one had a single hole in it but was still full. I think a rival Bluebird may have done it. No Bluebirds have returned to that box since.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have four Bluebird boxes on my property. I checked one last week and there were four eggs in it. I walked by it the next afternoon and saw all four eggs laying on the ground. Each one had a single hole in it but was still full. I think a rival Bluebird may have done it. No Bluebirds have returned to that box since.

Not a rival bluebird, but a wren. That's the standard method of operation for a wren. Destroy the eggs of any bird nesting nearby. I had to move my wren houses far away from the bluebird houses. Also, have to deal with tree swallows hogging the bluebird houses. Solution: Bolt two bluebird houses back to back. Tree swallow will claim one but will not let other swallows in the other house. They will let the bluebirds use the other house. Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions