OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry Cat! I thought I heard my name somewhere, lol...

So, you wanna come scratch around in the Florida litter box some.... :laughing7:
It's still here, sanded in, and practically tourists free, for the longest time now. :BangHead:
We'll fit that monstrosity of a moving/living contraption in here some how,
the neighbor said I could put one of my trucks on his lot, give us some extra room.

I forgot to ask, what kinda salad dressing you like? Lemme know...
I do the Ranch, like a house dressing (I said 'house' not 'mouse') :laughing7:
We got good Fla corn coming in now, I be eating a lot of cobb salads...
Gotta loose that cov25lbs I gained... my cat suits don't fit no more... :laughing7:

View attachment 1924056

I've known you what, ten/twelve years? You would still look good with another ten or so! Italian dressing, thank you.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the way to Mobile on I-10, make sure you take the I-12 towards Slidell to avoid I-10 all the way into New Orleans. Oh, BTW stop by to see me, just off I-12 between Baton Rouge & Slidell.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the way to Mobile on I-10, make sure you take the I-12 towards Slidell to avoid I-10 all the way into New Orleans. Oh, BTW stop by to see me, just off I-12 between Baton Rouge & Slidell.
IT'S A DEAL! Send me a PM with phone. Yes, I always use I 12. It would be good to see you! GREAT! ╦╦C

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry .Good Luck on your travels

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Galveston, oh Galveston, how come you groom your beaches? Only found a PENNY here.
DSC01907.JPG

And the water!
DSC01911.JPG

The BEST steak house on THE STRIP! Bar none!
DSC01912.JPG

A side note. When I was 16, my brother TimC(RIP), and I ran away from home (WI) for a week and ended up in Galveston. Ok, now, we are run-aways so that is why we could NOT stay until the police arrive!
On to Mobile tomorrow and hopefully stop by River Rat on the way! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I sent you a PM with phone. GREAT!! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left Galveston this morning. Put on 470 miles, which included a ferry ride!
Ferry.JPG

AND was able to connect with my good friend RIVER RAT! Here she is with hubby Alden. The visit was very brief. Sorry, RR, next time will be longer. Thanks for the road snacks!
RR A.JPG

And me and RR.
RR me.JPG

I can't believe it's been ten years!

I am now in Mobile, visiting Gary and family. Olivia (his ten year old daughter) will tell me about how she got two deer last year.... and daddy got only one!
Keep you posted tomorrow. ╦╦C

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have detector, will travel.- modern day Palidan

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent the night at Gary and Jessica's in Mobile. Got to compare hunting notes with Olivia, Gary's 10 year old. He tells me she hits a two foot gong at 225 yards down at the hunt club with her .243. Good shooting! I am now just outside of Jacksonville, FL for the night. RIVER RAT: I ate most of the road snacks today. Thanks again! Down by Pat-Tekker-Cat tomorrow. ╦╦C

Louie D

Nov 16, 2018
The Motor City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Terry! Hey if you happen to get any good reptile pics on your adventure please post them, thanks.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry, :icon_salut:

Thanks for the heads up about your adventure, I'll stay tuned in for the ride along.
Have a safe trip and I'll see you when you get back here to sunny Arizona.

GG~

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Fort Lauderdale is the primary stop because I will detect the Miami/Ft.L area with Pat-Tekker-Cat! I will then head up towards DeepseekerADS (Hello, Roger, it's TIME!) ╦╦C

I'll see what I can do Terry. Mom just turned 95 and is now in a nursing home. Came on rather sudden, still kinda stunned by this. Got an extra bedroom now - but I'd rather have Mom.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I MADE IT! I'm down here with Pat-Tekker-Cat. This Ft. Lauderdale traffic almost GOT me. I think half these cars are stolen. NOBODY drives their own car like this! I will rest and recuperate today and then we will HIT DA BEACH tomorrow! Hey, Roger! I'll be coming up that way soon. Maybe a week or so. I have your phone. I'll call first. Ok, I'll let Ya'll (southern for you all) know what we find! Take care! ╦╦C

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Safe travels, enjoy the adventure!
dts

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patsy and I will hunt a Fort Lauderdale beach down near the ELBO ROOM.

I will use a Fischer Impulse 8
Fischer.JPG

Patsy uses an Excaliber II
Excaliber II.JPG

Patsy worked the water and found 4 pair of sunglasses. She gave me the Privé Revaux.
Here is my "take". Two vape thingys, a small gold earing and $1.07 in change.
Take today.JPG

We will be back tomorrow! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm heading back towards AZ. POOH! Gas shortage on the eastern seaboard is the reason. One gas station had gas but no diesel. Another no gas but diesel. I need diesel. Most truck stops will have it.... if I'm careful I should get west of this mess tomorrow. (re)met River Rat (and Alden) and got to detect with Patsy. My trip has been GOOD! Unless I come across a noteworthy development, This ends this adventure. I'll see the REST of you next go-round! ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread