Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As many of you know, Evel Knievel just passed away at the age of 69. I grew up watching his stunts on TV, and will miss this true daredevil. I'm sure Evel jumped those pearly gates into heaven. ;)
In honor of Evel, I'm posting this picture I took this morning. I saw this squirrel on my vintage bike lawn ornament. It looked like he was doing a stunt backwards. ;D
Enjoy,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 412
  • Evel.jpg
    Evel.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 366

coinman66

Nov 23, 2006
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Great shot Miner! I was just telling the guys at work how i thought Evel was such a big 70`s icon. I am 41 years old, so he was a TV hero for me. I can still here dad yelling for me and my brothers. Hey boys Evel is going to be on ABC Wide World of Sports in a few minutes, we better watch this! What memories. How cool he was in his Red, White, and Blue leather jacket. RIP EVEL.
Coinman66

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinman66 said:
Great shot Miner! I was just telling the guys at work how i thought Evel was such a big 70`s icon. I am 41 years old, so he was a TV hero for me. I can still here dad yelling for me and my brothers. Hey boys Evel is going to be on ABC Wide World of Sports in a few minutes, we better watch this! What memories. How cool he was in his Red, White, and Blue leather jacket. RIP EVEL.
Coinman66

And just think. He did is jumps on some pretty primative cycles back then too. No cushy shocks like they have on today's bikes, and no fancy gear or equipment. Nothing but guts and pure courage.
-MM-

glasskeeper

Oct 29, 2006
Central, Vermont
Nice pic! I can't believe the stunts the pros do on motorcycles today. Back flips on a motorcycle now that's crazy, but good. I might be wrong but I have to say I think Evel started the the whole thing. Another good man gone. Rip Evel.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
narragansett said:
I remember playing with the windup toy bike as a kid.
Me too. I have a few EK lunchboxes, motocycles, and action figures stored away in the attic.
I told my kids that is their college money. ;)
-MM-

badoscar

Aug 2, 2007
Anywhere U.S.A
He was the man and to think he did all that crazy stuff on a heavy Harley Davidson. They all use
dirt bikes now. Even his boy Robbie jumps a dirt bike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread