Wild flowers!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the things I find growing around my place!
Screenshot_20210704-195831~2.png
Screenshot_20210704-195920~2.png

Anyone know what the purplish flower is ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yellow one is the St. John's Wort
Purple one is Leonurine in

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the feeling. I'm always discovering new plants animals on my land and love them all. I keep my lands in a natural state and each year more native species return. This year cotton tails and fox. No pix of the cottontails yet but did get a few pix of a fox. Funny i saw them before flash buy but then one morning shot this guy with cell phone out my kitchen window. You know they are the size of a house cat
attachment.php

Attachments

• Fox.jpg
    Fox.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 140

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know the feeling. I'm always discovering new plants animals on my land and love them all. I keep my lands in a natural state and each year more native species return. This year cotton tails and fox. No pix of the cottontails yet but did get a few pix of a fox. Funny i saw them before flash buy but then one morning shot this guy with cell phone out my kitchen window. You know they are the size of a house cat

What you have there is a San Joaquin Kit Fox. They're curious, and
when it comes to food they are awesome rodent killers. They are a
protected animal, and are federally listed as an endangered species.

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/species/mammals/San_Joaquin_kit_fox/index.html

Here's a pic I took of one that was hanging around my mining camp
out near Barstow:

Cal Nov 2013 - 112813 121.jpg

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, thanks for confirming that. I figured that out when i looked at kown species of foxes in Oregon. Except that the SJKF is not known to be in my area the range is along the Cascades which is about40 miles east of I-5 which runs parallel to the cascades. I'm west of I-5 45 minutes from the coast. So i have the first documented sighting of this species in Western Oregon.... Since i began managing my lands for native species 20 years ago each year i see more species that have moved back in. I've begun replanting milkweed without which monarch butterflies cannot survive. Most farmers ranchers kill off this species which is the REAL reason for the Monarchs decline. No food so they cannot survive or raise kids. If all land owners would mange areas for native species like the Monarch we may be able to bring many back from the brink of extinction.

Nice pix:icon_thumleft:

chuckle...just realized you are also in an area south of their documented range. Your at the south end and i am at the north end. Pretty cool. I do a little placer mining.
attachment.php

Attachments

• saturdays gold best ever cropped and tweaked2 1.9 grams.jpg
    saturdays gold best ever cropped and tweaked2 1.9 grams.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I might of had a wrong ID for the purplish
Could be Stinging nettles
20210705_152743.jpg
Just touch it......:laughing7:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, thanks for confirming that. I figured that out when i looked at known species of foxes in Oregon. Except that the SJKF is not known to be in my area the range is along the Cascades which is about40 miles east of I-5 which runs parallel to the cascades. I'm west of I-5 45 minutes from the coast. So i have the first documented sighting of this species in Western Oregon....

Thought you were in Bakersfield..lol. I'm actually in far NW Washington,
but was just mining down there in the Barstow area.

Could well be it was just a regular kit fox (not SJKF), but to me they
all could be SJKF. Major difference between them and gray foxes is
the body size is smaller, and the tail is fuzzy with a black tip.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
chuckle.... thats funny
Then you go down I-5 to Bastow and i to Sacramento were i have properties. Wonder how many times we have passed each other? How long do you stay down there at a time? I'm usually gone two three weeks at a time every couple of months.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
chuckle.... thats funny
Then you go down I-5 to Bastow and i to Sacramento were i have properties. Wonder how many
times we have passed each other? How long do you stay down there at a time? I'm usually gone
two three weeks at a time every couple of months.

My last trip down there was in late 2013. Here's a couple threads
with some pics:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/391762-winter-trip-2013-pic-heavy.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/387302-california-prospecting.html

It was a long drive down and back, but worth every minute of it. Sadly,
my lifelong friend and prospecting buddy down there, Ken, passed away
in May of '14.

I'd love to take a trip back to central Nevada again..just because I love that
open desert country.

Last edited:

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorta like what Ive done before but with water. I was taught to taKE THE BLACK SAND AND PUT SOME MERcury in it shake it up untill it all clumps into a lumpt then bun it off leaving a nice bit of gold. Didn't look like there was any gold in the sand the first time and i was going to throw it away and Jim said wait, then he demonstrated his techniqe and showed me what i would have thrown away. He was a motion picture stuntman that was maybe 75 at that time I was 18. he was strong as a bull amazing guy untill he met with an oak tree drunk after leaving his girl friends place where they were writing a book on the area together.,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread