Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My husband sits out and throws peanuts to them. It's fun watching them train the babies to come get them.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bully birds, I don't like them one bit. They come to my house and kill the barn swallow babies. They also kill other songbird babies just for the hell of it. They are pretty, but also bullies. I feed chipmunks peanuts and they attack the chippers to take their peanuts even though I put out bird food. Just nasty birds.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bully birds, I don't like them one bit. They come to my house and kill the barn swallow babies. They also kill other songbird babies just for the hell of it. They are pretty, but also bullies. I feed chipmunks peanuts and they attack the chippers to take their peanuts even though I put out bird food. Just nasty birds.

They're purty but I have to watch my wren houses because the BJs will pull the babies out of the houses and kill them for no apparent reason. I'm reading it's a territorial and food protection mechanism.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a lot of songbirds and have yet to see a bluejay kill any. Weird. I had no idea they could be mean.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

With you 100% gunsil. I have seen a nest of baby Robbins disappear one each day

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Blue Jays closest relative is the common crow. Maybe that's why they are so ornery. Gary
Intelligent creatures they are,actually what in the animal kingdom isn't Intelligent?I had a mother crow bring her three fledglings after she found out I always put food out for ALL the critters,they all got there fill for a couple months.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread