Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lenrac2…thanks again
the Pee Gees come to NY from Tennessee and are so pretty this time of year.Also there is quinces..walkers low catmint..coreopsis..barberry..and Miss Molly butterfly bush
My wife tells me to get these plants and trees and where to put them.
they are all perennial and come back every year

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking good Bill! I have come to the conclusion that perennial/pollinators are the way to go in the gardens.
We put a ground cover paper down then a cedar mulch on top for weed mitigation that seems to be working great.

Less lawn the better! Then again mowing the clover and grass for the chickens and turkeys is the only bonus.:laughing7:

(Anytime your feeling bored we have more plantings to do in our yard-hint/hint)

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj. Yes indeed the perennials work well over here,Our main problem is having the deer in the yard every day and they are so used to us that I can drive past them in the driveway or walk with a little distance past them and they do not care and they love to eat the plants..I have to find a good ground paper to use as the weed cloth does not hold up..I will try the cedar mulch and would possibly try to get turkeys..My wife’s father had Rhode Island Reds and I used to enjoy going to the coop to feed them.It is so true that there is something to do in the yard every day

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill....we like to grow watermelons down here in the islands.....heres a pic of my champion from years ago...90.5 pounds !! 20210820_093942.jpg 20210820_093955.jpg

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart. I am now learning that the Florida Keys is the premiere place to live after seeing your posts.Beautiful beaches..nice weather and a great opportunity to find treasure..my wife and I drove to the Orlando area many years ago and had the greatest vacation ever..It’s difficult for me to drive three hours to the ocean..detect then drive back being so cautious where your going and who you are around..Hopefully someday I look so forward to bringing the xcal along to the Keys..Yes indeed I never never saw a watermelon like that one and you could probably sell some of those seeds for a premium..Stay safe and hope your next hunt will bring you precious rewards

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread