CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have us some critters around these parts.

Here is Ben Franklin's choice of symbol for wild and free.

DSC_0849.jpeg

OP
OP
CreakyDigger

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's visitor is a little prickly.

Porcupine.jpeg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No porcs,but we got Bald eagles and turkeys.Hawks by the bushel basket and a bunch of owls too.In winter harriers visit here and are very beautiful to watch as they fly low over the fields,stooping to catch a mouse or rat.I never get tired of watching them.late evenings you can sometimes catch a barred owl cruising through the woods as silent as a ghost.Awe inspiring.We got some pretty sunsets too.

OP
OP
CreakyDigger

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No porcs,but we got Bald eagles and turkeys.Hawks by the bushel basket and a bunch of owls too.In winter harriers visit here and are very beautiful to watch as they fly low over the fields,stooping to catch a mouse or rat.I never get tired of watching them.late evenings you can sometimes catch a barred owl cruising through the woods as silent as a ghost.Awe inspiring.We got some pretty sunsets too.

Seals and porpoises in the water here, which are pretty cool to watch over morning coffee down by the water. One more full day then we head back to NY on Wednesday.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t guess i,ve ever seen any seals,I,ve watched porpoises for hours while on board ship when I was a Marine long ago.We have a goodly population of river otters which are cool to watch,they,re almost comical in the way they play with each other.You have to be kind of sneaky to get close to them but worth the effort.Be safe on your trip back to home,a lot of fools out there on the highway.Safe journey to ya,ll.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread