Fun with paper

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found a new pastime to occupy the dull moments over here in Iraq. There's been lots of dull moments too, it's been pretty quiet lately for the most part which is just fine with me. Back home I do scale modeling in the wintertime (when I'm not busy snowmobiling or doing research for MD huntin' spots after the thaw). I was poking around and found paper models that you can download and put together. These should be printed on cardstock but I'm still waiting for mine to show up from home. So this one was printed on paper. It's a Fokker Dr.1 triplane from WW1 in 1:72 scale. It was kind of a pain to put together using a gluestick and the scissors on my Swiss Army Knife. This is my 2nd paper model effort so far. The first was a Piper J-3 Cub and I've included a pic of that too. I've also included a .jpg so that anyone who wants to give it a try can build their own. If you have cardstock available that's what I recommend printing it on. I'll post more as I build them.

HH,
SgtSki

My 1:72 scale Fokker Dr.1
J3 Cub 02.jpg

My (roughly) 1:48 scale J-3 Cub
My Iraq Pics 021.jpg

Build your own Triplane!!!!!
J3 Cub 02.jpg

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 214

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Those are adorable! What a fun pastime as well! Thanks so much for sharing and I am looking forward to seeing more of them! Thanks again for your service as well. :D God bless you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions