you are truly one of a kind fossis.. thank you

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if he was a mason and murdered in "cold blood" without just cause --- then his death did not go unnoticed or atoned for trust me on that --- "offically" nothing might have been done but there are "offical" ways of punishing folks and then there are the "other" ways of getting justice when the "normal" channels are corrupted and unwilling to do their "proper" job --- sad that their were / and are haters of that type around. Ivan

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bootybay said:
you are truly one of a kind fossis.. thank you

Thanks for the 'kind words'.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
if he was a mason and murdered in "cold blood" without just cause --- then his death did not go unnoticed or atoned for trust me on that --- "offically" nothing might have been done but there are "offical" ways of punishing folks and then there are the "other" ways of getting justice when the "normal" channels are corrupted and unwilling to do their "proper" job --- sad that their were / and are haters of that type around. Ivan

This was a group of 'nightriders', I doubt if anyone could identify them, but I don't know the rest of the story.
Sometimes folks could recognize their horses easier than the men.
And you are right about 'different brands of justice'.

Fossis....................

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
"night riders" were racist types -- they often targeted any minority that did well or had a piece of land they craved --- they often hunted in a small group of say 6 to 12 persons or so and killed blacks, indains and asians or "foreigners" of any type -- they struck at night using the cover of darkness and wore hoods to hide their faces --- often the local victims"knew" who they were by their horses that they rode ( being each horse has a certain size and look to him)--- "offically" since the survivors could only ID the horse to the "law" and not who was riding it , most times little if anything was done "offically" about their raids -- the "law" often failed to protect these innocent folks from the hateful "nightriders" attacks (sadly sometimes the "lawmen" were part of the "nightriders" group) --- sometimes a group of the victims families would get "fed up" with it and band together and ambush the "nighriders" or go "hunt" them at their homes thus giving them a taste of their own poison.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool pics indeed. When I win the lotto I vow to quit my job and follow you around part of the year and then spend the rest of the time in the UK.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
cool pics indeed. When I win the lotto I vow to quit my job and follow you around part of the year and then spend the rest of the time in the UK.

LOL, when you win the lotto, we can 'really do some hunting', instead of just 'part time' like I do now. :o

Fossis..............

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I am off to a good start---I got a $10 lotto ticket in my stocking and I won $50 on it so only a couple million dollars yet to go!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
well I am off to a good start---I got a $10 lotto ticket in my stocking and I won $50 on it so only a couple million dollars yet to go!

Sounds great, if you don't mind, throw in a big bag or two of 'munchies', & a new 'Ace 250', I'll be ready & waiting. ::)

Fossis...............

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Fossis, thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm a collector of Indian Relics too. I admire your respect for the Indian grave site.

To disturb one is taboo in my book. We have several Indian burial mounds in areas close to me. It is amazing how they where created. The Indians (Creek I think) carried buckets of soil one after the other to bury their chief. It's probably about 12 feet high or more.

I find my arrowheads on private land which I have permission to hunt. I'll take pictures soon to share with others here.

HH,
Pepper

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper2004 said:
Fossis, thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm a collector of Indian Relics too. I admire your respect for the Indian grave site.

To disturb one is taboo in my book. We have several Indian burial mounds in areas close to me. It is amazing how they where created. The Indians (Creek I think) carried buckets of soil one after the other to bury their chief. It's probably about 12 feet high or more.

I find my arrowheads on private land which I have permission to hunt. I'll take pictures soon to share with others here.

HH,
Pepper

Thanks Pepper, I have always just 'surface collected', what was brought to the surface by nature, or the plow.
We have mounds in this area also, about as far west as they went.
Looking forward to your pic's.

HH, Fossis.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread