121.9 KB · Views: 377

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Nice pictures. That's roughly what in looks like here in NH. But, hey, who killed the snowman in the first picture?

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Wow you guys got it good Ron. Makes that Toyota look like it has white walls.Your snow looks pretty ours is looking yucky.
Ed

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, well this is what our Christmas & winter looks like... in sunny Florida! ;)
I took this today w/ my cell phone...

Bran <><

Attachments

• n135900029_30063253_1055.jpg
    n135900029_30063253_1055.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 352

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Not so fast there Bran I have seen it snow all the way down to the Bahamas. Well it didn’t stick like that.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've seen it "ice" down here back in the late 80's... but as long as my parents have lived here, about 24 years now, it's never "snowed" anywhere around this part of central Florida. Either way, it was in the 80's when I got here and has only dropped down to the latter part of the 70's during the day, and down around the early 60's at night... that's just because of the cold front that got pushed down and the occasional rainstorms that's blown through. ;)
It's been nice enough for me, compared to Missouri where I left from last week!!

Bran <><

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
In 1977 it snowed in Miami. The tourist were not happy. ;D

The residents of northern Florida around Pensacola were the first to see snow fall on the Sunshine State, receiving 1-2 inches (2.5-5.0 cm) on January 18. Frigid, gusty northwest winds of 40-45 mph (64-72 km/h) pushed the line of falling snow southward, so that by the end of the day, every weather station in north and central Florida had echoed the word: Snow. Tampa recorded its greatest accumulation to date: 0.2 inches (0.5 cm). Plant City measured nearly two inches (five cm) on the ground, and Orlando, Daytona Beach and Vero Beach confirmed falling snow or snow on the ground.
Overnight, the cold and snow continued marching ever southward. On Wednesday, January 19 at 6:10 AM, West Palm Beach reported snow falling for the first time on record. An hour later, the Miami area weather forecast was amended to include the likelihood of snow mixed with rain. This was the first forecast for snow ever issued for the city.
For most of Greater Miami, the forecast was on the mark. From 8:30 to 9:00 AM, snow reports emanated from the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport in Broward County. Homestead, 23 miles (37 km) southwest of Miami in southern Dade County (latitude 25 deg, 30 minutes), reported snow falling. While observers at Miami International Airport never officially reported snow, radar picked up echos of snow falling around the city, and there were numerous public sightings of the unusual precipitation, including some from Miami Beach.
The fine granular snow crystals dusted the palms and baptised the ground with white water, but they soon melted. Most children, and many adults, had never seen snow before -- at least not live and in concert. "They were ecstatic, running around with their tongues out, trying to catch the snow in their mouths," commented Wilton Manors Elementary School principal, Mary Crum.
The snow and cold continued to move southeastward, bringing snow mixed with cold rain to Freeport in the Bahamas. Within a couple of days, weather conditions returned to near normal in south Florida.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dale,
I believed you before... Like I said, my parents have only lived here in Saint Petersburg since 1983... and before that, they only lived a couple years over in Daytona/New Smyrna area. That was way before I was even born, or they lived here. But touche` on the research...

Bran <><

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I am NOT an Elf said:
Nice pictures. That's roughly what in looks like here in NH. But, hey, who killed the snowman in the first picture?

glasskeeper, and Superduty,

You asked about the snowman looking thing on the left side of the shed. The small mound in front has a wheelbarrow under it, and the tall one has about 4 of those cheap plastic stack chairs under it. ;D

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
glasskeeper said:
Wow, you guys did get a lot of snow! When's the last time you drove that truck? Have a great holiday! Jim

Hi Jim,

I parked the pickup there yesterday afternoon.

Thanks,

Ron

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ron and April....That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...Those are postcards!!!! I'm jealous too >:(...I want SNOW like that here...but these folks down here...they panic with a light dusting in the GRASS!! LOL

And by the way...I meant to PM you...Got the book about a week ago...THANK YOU....what beautiful lamps. I can't wait for our troop to start working on one!!! I'll make sure you see the lamp when complete!!!

Stay Warm and Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Ron and Annmarie

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Bran;
I knew you believed me. I wasn’t trying to correct your post. I was reminiscing of years gone by. Just thought I would post that story because people were really freaked out over the snow down here.

Have a wonderful holiday

Dale

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Ron and Ann said:
Ron and April....That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...Those are postcards!!!! I'm jealous too >:(...I want SNOW like that here...but these folks down here...they panic with a light dusting in the GRASS!! LOL

And by the way...I meant to PM you...Got the book about a week ago...THANK YOU....what beautiful lamps. I can't wait for our troop to start working on one!!! I'll make sure you see the lamp when complete!!!

Stay Warm and Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Ron and Annmarie

Hi Ron and Annmarie,

Glad to hear you got it, and looking forward to seeing your finished projects.

Thanks for your comments, and Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Ron & April

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Care to box some up and send it to me? At least I could say it snowed for Christmas. :D ;)
Nice quality photo.
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread