• Engineer, Bay Leaf VFD, Raleigh, NC, Apr 93.JPG
    Engineer, Bay Leaf VFD, Raleigh, NC, Apr 93.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 328

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics and Thanks for your service....btw..those 4 stars do stand out, don't they.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those 4 stars sure do stand out. Here is the story behind the picture: I was at Thumrait AB, Oman during a portion of Desert Shield, on standby on a fire truck. We saw this convoy of vehicles, a nice black car surrounded by jeeps with machine guns on them. I said must be someone important, let's go see who it is. The vehicles stopped at a small hangar, so we drove there. I asked a military policeman, "who was in the car", as it must be someone important. He told me his name, which at that time around Oct 90, was not well known like it is now, and that he was the Commander of all ground troops in theater. I said is there any chance I could take a picture with him. He said to ask that full bird colonel over there. I asked the colonel who told me to go ahead and ask the General when he comes out of the hangar. He came out and I saluted him and asked if I could have my picture taken with him, he said sure, "as long as you don't put it in Time Magazine!". He handed my camera to a full bird and told him to take the picture. I will never forget those words. Then of course, he became history. I was in the right place at the right time and thankfully had the balls to ask him. Bryan

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
Cool Pics!

I am in Okinawa now, and may get the chance in January to hunt the Guam beaches. Any favorite place? What kind of stuff did you pull?

Thanks again for your service, I hope you have a peaceful Holiday :)

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, & thanks for your service.
My nephew was in 'Desert Storm', Engineers.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vegasmtl said:
Cool Pics!

I am in Okinawa now, and may get the chance in January to hunt the Guam beaches. Any favorite place? What kind of stuff did you pull?

Thanks again for your service, I hope you have a peaceful Holiday :)

I actually did not do much beach hunting. I would go in the woods with a Lt friend and we would find remnants from the war, munitions and such. I wish I could give you more leads. Tumon bay has grown alot from what I understand, aka Hotel Row. I was there in 1983-1985, a long time ago. I would guess that the beaches would be a great place to hunt. Good luck. Bryan

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, I am not a pilot. I am a fire fighter for the Air Force. In 1992 I won NCIO of the Year for the Civil Engineering Squadron, and received an incentive flight in an F-15E, which was incredible and one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Bryan

swampfox

Feb 19, 2007
orangeburgh,south carolina
Detector(s) used
ace 250 and others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi swampfox here, that is the logo for the 169th fighter wing at mcentire . i made 14 yrs in the air guard that was all i needed to complete my 20 . i thank u also for ur service . i still work on the base as a civilian. in grounds maintenance. i just wanted to say hello to a fellow air force person. hh and merry christmas, swampfox

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your pics with us, Bryan. Best years of my life were the military ones, I hope you feel the same way.

;) RR

Bravo.jpg

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swampfox said:
hi swampfox here, that is the logo for the 169th fighter wing at mcentire . i made 14 yrs in the air guard that was all i needed to complete my 20 . i thank u also for ur service . i still work on the base as a civilian. in grounds maintenance. i just wanted to say hello to a fellow air force person. hh and merry christmas, swampfox

Thanks for the thanks. I remember that we had some F-16's stationed with us during Desert Storm, if I am not mistaken, they had the fox face painted on them, for the swampfox logo. I know we had SC F-16's with us, I think they were the ones. Nice to hear from another Federal Civilian! Take care, Bryan

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat Elf said:
Thanks for sharing your pics with us, Bryan. Best years of my life were the military ones, I hope you feel the same way.

;) RR

Oh I do feel the same way for sure. They were adventurous days. Life has slowed down now since I became married and now have 4 small boys, 8,7,4 and 4 months. They were good years, but the years now are sweet too, though much more stressfull!!! (at times, ha). What branch of the service were you in and when did you serve? Bryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions